FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

How Much Per Month and Spending Patterns

Really interested in everyone's views on this:

How much do you spend per month on clothes?

What are your spending patterns - for example, do you buy something typically every month or wait for the sales?

Fashionisto
    Dear me I'm afraid to open this bag of cats haha. On a student budget so generally I try to not go too nuts every month, but I do usually end up picking up a couple of items when I see something that would complement my wardrobe. These would usually be things from Asos/H&M/Zara to try to keep it under a 100 per month.

Then for items where I want to splash out to get real quality I wait for the sales as much as possible. This would be shoes/boots in particular but also things like jackets and other stuff that could be a stand-out piece.

If I were on a 9 to 5 job though I would almost certainly be spending a fair bit more per month just go get higher quality stuff.

Fashionisto
    I'm lucky enough to have disposable cash. I was recently looking at my ASOS account and in the past twelve months I have spent over 1000.

I really don't want to know how much I spend per month on clothes because it's too much to justify.

Trend Setter
    It varies a bit depending on how far through each season it is and how happy I am with my wardrobe at that particular time, but on average I'd say I spend anywhere between 200-400 a month on clothes. That's only since graduating and getting a reasonable 9-5 job though, when I was a student it was probably more like 50 a month at most.

Trend Setter
    In theory, I have a budget of 100 euros a month for clothes. In practice, it varies wildly and depends very strongly on if I can find something in my size and what I'm looking for. Some months go by when I don't buy anything. During others (like when I'm in the US, where it's easier to find my size) I can spend a couple hundred, or I buy one thing (a pair of shoes, or a coat) that costs more than 100. Part of this too is because I'm in the process of reworking my wardrobe. Like many guys, I want the modular stylish wardrobe. Once I feel like I've achieved that core, I'm only going to buy one or two pieces a season, unless a central element needs refreshing.

What's your budget, since no one else has asked yet?

+ Reply to Thread