FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

Fashionisto

Favourite Clothing Brands

Follow on from the "clothing brands to avoid" thread.

What are your favourite clothing brands? Also, are there any new, up and coming brands you know of that you follow closely?

Trend Setter
    I think my list would include two types of clothing brands, my favourite brands that I can afford and those that I love but can't afford. For example, Burberry make some incredibly nice clothing and I'd have loads of their stuff in my wardrobe if I could afford it. Equally, I love Paul Smith and Ermenegildo Zegna but can't afford much from them. The same goes for shoes from Grenson, Loake and Trickers. All those brands are some of my favourite 'unattainable' brands. I'd love to be in the situation where I could shop almost exclusively with brands like that but it's just not possible for me at the moment.

My favourite attainable brands are slightly more high-street, but still produce some nice stuff. I currently like Reiss, All Saints, Topman and H by Hudson. There may be more but I can't think of them right now. The vast majority of my clothing comes from those brands though, with the odd purchase thrown in if I can afford it from one of the brands mentioned in the first paragraph.

FashionBeans Staff
    Depends on what I'm buying. I like to buy certain items from different places. For example, I buy my casual shirts from All Saints because they fit just how I want them to, I buy my Jeans from either H&M or ASOS because the fits are perfect on me, I get my plain tees from American Apparel because they are good quality and I get my pants from M&S because that's where i've always gone. I also have mountains of Reiss stuff because I work there.

Trend Setter
    Reiss, Peter Werth, Ted Baker, TM Lewin..

These more of less sums up my wardrobe

slightly off topic but which american apparel tees do you get Will? On the website they all seem baggy?

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivier81 View Post
    slightly off topic but which american apparel tees do you get Will? On the website they all seem baggy?
    I get the fine jersey short sleeve ones, they're surprisingly tight actually I'm not a big chap and they're quite tight across my chest; they do shrink a tiny bit (not as much as the likes of H&M etc). They're only baggy online because of the way they style the models who are probably wearing a size up.

All Saints, Reiss, Ted Baker, Diesel (only jeans and leather really), Westwood, Henri Lloyd few Asos bits constitute the bulk of my wardrobe.

In terms of footwear, I have a few pairs of Hudsons, lots of Nike trainers, and All Saints pairs galore.

But I have lots of stuff from none of the above too; if I find quality and style, I tend to invest.

Fashionisto
    I find this thread quite interesting as it is a good way of finding some new brands or exploring brands you may not have heard of before. For what it's worth, off the top of my head, here is my contribution:

If I have the money-
    APC, Acne, Paul Smith, Kitsune, Slowear, Nudie, Ecco, Lacoste.

For the tighter budget-
    Cheap Monday, Marcs, Country Road, Tretorn

I am new in here, Very Interesting thread indeed! Really helpful. My 2 most favorite brands are Maison Martin Margiela and stella mccartney. From the new ones, I like Maicco.

Fashionisto
    Allsaints, Nudie, APC, Victate, William Fox.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last