FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Christmas Party Shirt

Hi

need inspiration for a shirt for my christmas party. Nothing overy formal, will probably be paired with jeans. What have people bought or what have you seen.....?

I got a couple of decent oxfords with unusual details recently from ASOS. 14 in the sales.

Also feeling these from All Saints if you want something a bit more unusual and have money to burn

Fashionisto
    getting on a bit, so the less brave the better really!

FashionBeans Staff
    You'll never go wrong with a well fitted white shirt, invest in one that's slimmer fitting and then you can throw on pretty much anything you want over the top; maybe a chunky knit, oat coloured, shawl collar cardigan? Most of the time your best bet is to just keep things basic, simple and well fitted, stick to what you know works well.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by William Colman View Post
    You'll never go wrong with a well fitted white shirt, invest in one that's slimmer fitting and then you can throw on pretty much anything you want over the top; maybe a chunky knit, oat coloured, shawl collar cardigan? Most of the time your best bet is to just keep things basic, simple and well fitted, stick to what you know works well.
    Zing! based on the age comment, I'd go a slim fit crisp white shirt - I'd go with either a tie or open neck with a suit jacket or plain cardigan.

I'm personally not into the idea of just throwing on an un-tucked shirt with jeans. More so at a party.. I think it needs something else, and the party environment is the perfect opportunity to mix in a nice knit or blazer

Fashionisto
    White shirt is a good call. Anyone bought a nice slim fit puppy recently that doesnt look like youve slept in it the minute you put it on?

You really can't go wrong with a white shirt, and although it's hardly inspired, it is a timeless classic. The best way to make it unique is to choose the right pieces to complement it.

A shirt from Reiss will probably be the best bet. I'd go with the above style suggestions; maybe a chunky, neutral cardigan, a knitted tie, some grey formal trousers and some tan brogues / oxfords? Smart, casual and sophisticated.
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 06-11-2012 at 01:26 PM.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by skybluemark View Post
    White shirt is a good call. Anyone bought a nice slim fit puppy recently that doesnt look like youve slept in it the minute you put it on?
    I think thats pretty much impossible.

Fashionisto
    A white oxford shirt would be your best bet in my opinion. It all depends on what jeans you're wearing I guess.

I recently bought a couple of plain white shirts from the Jeff Banks range at Debenhams. They come in a variety of collar options and also come in tailored or slim fit. Very nice quality considering the relatively cheap price of only 25 each. They feel great too, when you're wearing one you'd swear it was a more expensive shirt.
    Last edited by calolsen; 06-11-2012 at 06:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread