FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

Pea Coat: All Saints vs Reiss

Ok, I'm looking to invest in a decent Pea Coat this Christmas.

I've narrowed it down to two - one in All Saints and one in Reiss. Both below:

Mens Military Style Pea Coat | Frith Pea Coat | AllSaints

Hummingbird Navy Double Breasted Wool Peacoat - REISS

Key factors are quality (lastability) and design.

Both are similar priced. Any views on which is likely to be better or are they likely to be on a par?

Style Icon
    Probably similar quality. If it were me, I'd go for the Reiss one, because the slanted pockets are easier to stick your hands in to warm up and I don't like the darts on the chest of the AS one. However, that's personal preference.
    Bear in mind that the Reiss one might be a touch warmer because it's got slightly more wool and is lined, but obviously it depends on how thick each one is.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sheep Boy View Post
    Probably similar quality. If it were me, I'd go for the Reiss one, because the slanted pockets are easier to stick your hands in to warm up and I don't like the darts on the chest of the AS one. However, that's personal preference.
    Bear in mind that the Reiss one might be a touch warmer because it's got slightly more wool and is lined, but obviously it depends on how thick each one is.
    Thanks - I hadnt noticed the darts. The Reiss one looks nicer quality, although photography can be decieving.

Both have a similar wool content though.

Trend Setter
    Funnily I have tried on both. Do NOT get the all saints one, the fit is not good at all it is very very stiff because of the liquid stitching or what ever is going on, there is no lining. The Reiss one is a much nicer coat on and warmer given it is lined.

However the All Saints Ford pea coat is the nicest of the lot, very warm. It is only available in one colour now but judging by the lookbook it should be available in a navy/charcoal soon.

Mens Pea Coats | Ford Pea Coat | AllSaints

I prefer the All Saints one. The Reiss one looks a little too formal, and a bit shiny.

I prefer the Reiss one, I tried it on the other day and it felt and looked great.

Trend Setter
    I tried both on too, the All Saints one is like wearing a carpet, so stiff! The Reiss one is nice. I went with a Topman one which was a great bargain and looks fantastic.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

all I'll ask is would you rather share an 'intimate' night with Megan Fox or Mila Kunis ?!?!

They're both quality looking........

Trend Setter
    Thanks for all the answers guys.

To those who have tried the Reiss coat on, what was the fitting like? I'd like something quite tailored, not boxy.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post
    Thanks for all the answers guys.

To those who have tried the Reiss coat on, what was the fitting like? I'd like something quite tailored, not boxy.
    I tried on medium and thought it ran true to size, maybe a bit on then small size. It definitely didnt look boxy.

+ Reply to Thread