FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Trend Setter
    I think this right here is the biggest reason for not buying all your clothes at the same store. A lot of people do this, either because they're fashion conscious and found a store that has what they like, or because they're not fashion conscious and find a store that works for them...the cuts are okay, the price is okay, it's an easy shopping experience because they know what the experience will go like. I was guilty of the latter in my younger days, and now I'm trying to avoid being guilty of the former.

The problem comes in because of the mannequins. They are arranged by the sales staff and dictated by the current season, which means they're generally on-trend. If you're fashion conscious, you are also typically looking for on-trend clothes. If you're not fashion conscious, you'll just look at the mannequins, see something that looks good, and buy it. Either way, people are buying similar outfits!

I think your only options to avoid this are to 1) shop at vintage stores, 2) buy designer clothes, or 3) buy at multiple stores. I have difficulty finding my size with (1) and don't have the money for (2), so I'm trying (3).

If you do the majority of you're shopping at topman, burton etc ... then you are bound to come across a person wear the same/similar outfit to you, I think I've lost count of the amount of guys wearing camel/desert chinos with a print t-shirt or All Saints tonic t-shirt which is one of the reasons I try not to shop too much at the same places.

It just seems to me that a lot of guys care little for their image and only want to wear what everyone else does, because they perceive that they look good because everyone else is wearing the same outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by cr13245 View Post
    It just seems to me that a lot of guys care little for their image and only want to wear what everyone else does, because they perceive that they look good because everyone else is wearing the same outfit.

Surely that would mean they do care about their image?

I think people just want to wear what looks good, and there is a limited amount of quality, affordable clothes that look good.

We've kind of drifted from the OP, thread is about people you know having the exact same items as you.

+ Reply to Thread