FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

New Boots And Trainers

New to the forum and to fashion to be honest, never really cared a great deal how I looked, I'm still not overly fussed but need to get some of the basics sorted atleast.

I am getting a couple of pairs of desperately needed shoes before Christmas, and would like peoples views. I'm tall ( 6ft+) and skinny with big feet, so I have never got into the whole skinny jean thing and have always gone with boot cut rather than slim due to the fact of looking like a clown.

So with that in mind, I want to get a pair of boots and I was thinking one of these:

Selected Homme Rugby Shearling Desert Boots (Black)
    John White WESTBURY (Dark Brown)

As for the trainers, I was like the look of these:

Element Emerald Bowery Black/Red
    Boxfresh Sparko either in Black or Grey.

Fashionisto
    As much as I love desert boots, and trust me I love desert boots. I can't help but think they aren't particularly winter appropriate. Water and snow will really screw them up! I'd suggest getting something leather for winter then snapping up some desert boots in sale after Christmas! (I personally like Kurt Geiger or Clarks)

Something like these from KG?

Very good point Joel, I was going to buy them and just wait til weather permits but with that in mind. I might go for a pair of these, cant branch too far out from my comfort level.

I've bought the boxfresh trainers, with the possibility of putting in some red laces.

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm liking the ones above. Just wear the suede boots when it isn't raining or the ground isn't too damp and your trainers when it is raining. simple.

+ Reply to Thread