FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

NATO Watch Straps?

I've been on the hunt to acquire a watch, so maybe I could get myself into the habit of wearing a watch instead of checking my phone every 10 minutes. So far I think I'll settle on a classic Timex Easy Reader watch...nothing too flashy and expensive. However, googling around I soon realised the potential that this watch and to an extent all watches could adopt: a NATO strap.

Style in simplicity: Timex Easy Reader - BADTOFU

For example look at the link above-imo they look absolutely beautiful. In a way they have updated the classic leather strap and made it more quirky, colourful and individual. Asking around, I soon discovered that there are mixed opinions about these straps-it appears that they are a bit like marmalade: you either love it, or you hate it.

So guys, do you like these straps? Or would you rather stick to the more classic, 'less cheap' look that the standard leather straps provide? Opinions are welcome!

Cheers

Style Icon
    I like them, got a big vintage watch which i wear with NATO straps. You can get leather ones as well as the standard nylon if you want to have the option for a slightly smarter or understated look.

Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    a bit like marmalade: you either love it, or you hate it.
    Brilliant, 5*

Trend Setter
    I've not got one (yet), but am a big fan of watches with Nato straps.

FashionBeans Staff
    I'm liking them, possible alternative for me when my watch needs a new strap.

Trend Setter

Trend Setter
    i think it depends on what watch you have - i think they look great on a sports watch but not so good on a slightly more dressy timepiece.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Echo the above statement, with a sport style timepiece they look classy but some more refined pieces will look out of place with one of these as opposed to leather straps.

Trend Setter
    They look OK to me on the TImex Easy Reader...dunno about the rest of you guys tho

Trend Setter
    the timex watches are great with these straps - in fact theres a load of nice timex watches made in collaboration with j crew with various different strap options.

+ Reply to Thread