FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Need Fashion Help/Advice (Shirts & Jackets)

I recently moved to England for my education and its awfully cold here. Anyway coming to the point, the problem is I like wearing shirts but the jackets I have right now look horrible on a shirt. Since, Christmas is coming around I wanted to buy new jackets, and want to know what kind of jackets go well with a shirt. Any help would be really appreciated.

Fashionisto
    A pea coat should prove warm enough for most of our weather, and it's easy to style if you're going for smart casual or formal looks. Perhaps a thick, lined parka will work on a casual basis.

A waxed field jacket would work well in all weather conditions, or the ubiquitous Barbour-style jacket is still a good looking option.

Where have you moved here from?

Sam

Style Icon
    You want to know what kind of jackets will go nicely with, er, a shirt?
    Shirts are pretty basic. There's a shirt to wear underneath every jacket, and a jacket to wear over every shirt.
    Can you be more specific? Why don't the jackets you have work? What sorta jackets and shirts are we talking here?

@PAUL-B: Thanks, will look out for them. (y)

@PIN MONEY: Hey, both of them look really good. Will look out for them, thanks. Umm, I have moved to here from India.

@SAM: The jackets I currently have, one is a casual, a bit sporty, UMM jacket and the other one looks something like this (http://oi51.tinypic.com/29zv5gx.jpg) and doesnt fit me all that well. To answer your other question, just casual shirts. I usually wear alot of casual shirts so any jacket that goes along well with em.

Sam

Style Icon
    Shame about the fit - a leather jacket's a staple item if you can get it right.

All the suggestions here are good. If you're wearing casual shirting in the smart, tailored, preppy sense, a peacoat or trench will hit the mark nicely. If it's casual more in the sense of rugged materials, epaulettes and myriad pockets, try a waxed jacket or a parka. Whatever you get, nail the fit!

+ Reply to Thread