FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Trend Setter

All Saints Pea Coat Plus 25% Off Sale

Mens Pea Coats | Ford Pea Coat | AllSaints

Opinions on the colour of this coat? You get a better idea from the model pic underneath. Greens usually wouldn't be my thing but it fits well and is 25% for a few days.

Style Icon
    I'm not a massive fan of the colour personally, but that's because I see the peacoat as a classic that shouldn't be tinkered with really. I'd be much more tempted to go for the Frith Peacoat.

That said, these days I'm relunctant to shell out the huge amount of money that Allsaints charge. They have some lovely, lovely pieces but half the time I don't know what I'm paying for, especially when their sizing is so all over the place.

I think they've just got cheeky pricewise. They know people will pay stupid amounts, so they charge stupid amounts.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Fashionisto
    I agree with Nath, I prefer my peacoats black or navy.
    Kind of off topic, but does AllSaints ever have sales on leathers?

I think it's a nice coat, and the colour goes well with the military style imo

@Fermus, leathers do sometimes get reduced in the sales - I'm guessing they are excluded from this flash sale because 25% off would be 100+ in lost profits per sale

Fashionisto
    I agree with comments RE: pricing. Everything is just far too expensive now and IMO the quality is not as good as it once was. i.e. bomb proof jeans etc. I've had recent ish purchases where the stitching has been sub standard etc.

I would rather spend my money elsewhere these days, even with the 25% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Campbell100 View Post
    I agree with comments RE: pricing. Everything is just far too expensive now and IMO the quality is not as good as it once was. i.e. bomb proof jeans etc. I've had recent ish purchases where the stitching has been sub standard etc.

Where though? I would be happy to diversify a bit but nowhere else really seems to have the design & quality that I like.

Can't say I've had issues with quality - had one pair of jeans that lost a button after a few months and they refunded me so can't complain really.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbell100 View Post

Echoing what Pins said, I personally have had no issues with quality of all saints clothing as of yet.

A lot of people complain about holes but I have found this is generally due to the bad placement of security tags through thin material which leaves a small hole which widens over time/when washed.

Fashionisto
    Theres nothing wrong with the quality, it's just the sizing (and the price on some things) that I have an issue with AllSaints.

Where else is good though? Topman et al just have too low quality for me and are too generic, then above all saints things start to get stupidly expensive... I really think they are one of the only decent mid-range retailers about. I like Reiss too but their stuff just doesn't have any kind of edge.

Would really like to find another decent brand or two tbh.

Fashionisto
    At the moment, AllSaints can be considered a cool brand because only a select few know about it. Once everyone starts wearing it, it won't be cool anymore. Lets enjoy it while it lasts I guess.

Once AllSaints fades away, another brand will come along.

+ Reply to Thread