FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

White Shirt With Collar Bar

I really fancy a shirt with a collar bar (preferably in white).

Dont really want to spend anymore than say 50 because I'm not sure how long the trend will be around for but I'm struggling to find anything decent.

Can't seem to find anything on the high street.

Any suggestions welcome!

FashionBeans Staff
    Reiss do a slim fit, Oxford cloth, white shirt with a gold collar bar (which is an excellent shirt, I own it) but it will set you back 85

Buster White Long Sleeve Plain Shirt With Gold Pin - REISS

Reiss have been going a bit mental on the collar bar shirt but I've not seen many other places doing them. I'm pretty sure Next are selling a white collar bar shirt and tie combo for 20.

Fashionisto
    I managed to get one from the River Island website (black version which looks as if its not been sold out), but they do have Navy and Burgundy versions.. I was impressed with it, good quality for a high street shirt.

Red tie pin collar shirt - long sleeve plain shirts - shirts - men

One question, can these shirts be worn without a tie?, i was hoping to wear mine to my Xmas do without one - brought something a bit different to the table i thought..

Nat

Style Icon
    How restricted are you with your shirt if you want to wear a collar bar (one that clips on)? Does it have to be a specially-made shirt?

Trend Setter
    Actually found a couple while browsing at lunhtime!

Zara have one for 30, although its that kind of cotton that creases if you look at it. Not convnced about the quality when I saw it in-store.

FORMAL POPLIN SHIRT - Shirts - Man - ZARA United Kingdom

Next (of all places) do two versions - one with a silver bar in their tailored fit (20) and one with a gold bar in their slim fit (22).

Buy White Shirt And Tie Set With Tie Pin from the Next UK online shop

Any thoughts?

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    How restricted are you with your shirt if you want to wear a collar bar (one that clips on)? Does it have to be a specially-made shirt?
    If it's a clip one then you just have to make sure you have a shirt with the right collar, I.E. not too far apart for the bar to reach across the gap.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by MDBREWER View Post
    I managed to get one from the River Island website (black version which looks as if its not been sold out), but they do have Navy and Burgundy versions.. I was impressed with it, good quality for a high street shirt.

Red tie pin collar shirt - long sleeve plain shirts - shirts - men

One question, can these shirts be worn without a tie?, i was hoping to wear mine to my Xmas do without one - brought something a bit different to the table i thought..
    I never wear mine with a tie, I think it looks better without (depending on the look of course). The collar bar detail was the reason I bought it in the first place.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Textbook View Post

Next (of all places) do two versions - one with a silver bar in their tailored fit (20) and one with a gold bar in their slim fit (22).

Buy White Shirt And Tie Set With Tie Pin from the Next UK online shop

Any thoughts?
    I can vouch for this as I have the same one, I love it, though i've had to glue one side of the collar bar ends as it wouldn't tighten up properly and easily worked loose... the fit is nice aswell

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beardogg View Post
    I can vouch for this as I have the same one, I love it, though i've had to glue one side of the collar bar ends as it wouldn't tighten up properly and easily worked loose... the fit is nice aswell
    Thanks. Did you keep the gold bar or change it to a silver one?

Fashionisto
    kept the gold one mate, they do a grey which comes with a silver bar

+ Reply to Thread