FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Farah Vintage Raleigh Satsuma Waxed Jacket

Hi guys,

I just bought this orange jacket from Urban Outfitters on a whim and I'm not overly sure about it.

What do you think?

I wanted a lightweight jacket as I cycle to work but I don't know if I've made the right choice.

Urban Outfitters - Farah Vintage Raleigh Satsuma Waxed Jacket

Thanks

I really like it - it's kinda similar to a Henri Lloyd jacket that I own:

Obviously these kind of jackets are going to be quite limiting if you want to co-ordinate / avoid clashing.

I have been wearing my one with a cream roll neck, light blue jeans, and brown worker boots - kinda going for that trawlerman look. It works. Your one could be transplanted straight into that outfit.

Another option is to pair it with all neutrals - your one would look great with grey wools and tweeds etc. Play with the textures a bit.

The final option I would suggest, and the one that will make it easiest to wear, is just wear it with anything! It's an outer layer, so you can just chuck it over whatever with reckless abandon for effortless cool. Fair isle, aztec, checks, stripes, clashing colours... It's all fair game.

hope that helps. You have a wicked jacket there - I went through a lot of trial and error when I got mine!
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 12-12-2012 at 01:19 PM.

Farah Vintage 'Buxton' Parka in Red Chilli | Mod Parkas at Atom Retro

I have this Farah jacket and I absolutely love it. Looks great paired with almost anything. Orange isn't really my colour but I think all the Farah jackets look stylish.

Sam

Style Icon
    It's fly. Wear with confidence; there's few combinations more dissonant than a shy slouchy dude in an orange jacket.

I have an almost idential version of this by Suit, but in green. One of my all time favourite coats, but sadly stored away until the spring now (or until it warms up a little)

FashionBeans Staff
    I want one.

Thanks for the advice guys, looks like it's staying!

+ Reply to Thread