FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Patterened Work Shirt Dilemma

Hi,

When it comes to work shirts I am a fairly cautious fellow, sticking to plain shirts and solid ties has become send nature to me. It is a safe option and I know that I will always look well put together come rain or shine. I don't know if it is the festive time of the year or if I'm just getting bored of "safe", but I find myself wanting to become more daring with my work shirt choices.

The problem I've got is that I am in need of some guidance! I'm currently staring at a paisley shirt, and wondering whether purchasing it is a great idea or one that II'll regret. Please let me know what you think. Any pics of patterned shirts with suits that look good are welcome!

Trend Setter
    That's a nice shirt - but it is a little difficult on the eyes I think!

Best thing for a shirt like that is to wear it under a jumper.

Having the heavy pattern showing through from the collar will probably create a better look than just the shirt on its own. Plus, it will be a good way to start introducing pattern into your work outfits if you are used to just wearing a plain shirt.

Added to that - with the cold weather, jumpers are a nice way to layer up smarter outfits and they keep you warm! Wins all round!

I'm glad you have said that because I have already taken the plunge and bought them! Phew!

I also got a floral one, dotted one and a striped one just so I have all the areas covered!

+ Reply to Thread