FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Broad Shoulders

Im struggling at the moment to find places where I can buy shirts and tops that fit well. I've lost weight recently (just over 2 stone), so my waist is a lot slimmer. For my waist most mediums are about right, but I'm quite broad shouldered, so they pull accross my shoulders. Where is good to buy clothes for my fit?

I'm similar-ish in that I've got broad shoulders. I find most Zara clothing seems to fit quite well (except their blazers). For basics such as plain tees, I actually find burton's stuff fits very well!

Why not try a department store like selfridges where you can try on a multitude of brands and find something which fits your body? There's a big difference in fit across different labels so definitely worth trying as many as you can. You'll probably find you'll jump between different sizes depending on the brand too..

Nat

Style Icon
    Yeah I get this problem, with 42" chest and 32" waist. It's all about large, slim fit. Anything regular fit will either be too tight on my shoulders (medium) or too big and boxy around my waist (large). I have to get a lot of stuff altered tbh e.g. jackets - I make sure they fit around the shoulders, then get it tapered

Yeah, that's a good point. As long as the shoulders are right, the rest can be tailored.

Fashionisto
    I have exactly the same problem, big shoulders and a small waist. You just need to shop around and try new brands.

+ Reply to Thread