FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Long Hair vs Short Hair?

Will long hair be the in thing next year or will short back & sides be hanging around? Reason I ask is I've been growing my hair but I keep thinking about going short again, as my long hair is kind of at the in between stage and its annoying me... I'm not sure whether to hang in there or just get it cut short again!

FashionBeans Staff
    Short back & sides will be around forever, it's just a simple cut that works for everybody, it isn't perhaps the most adventurous but it still looks good. I don't really think hair trends are anything to get worried about, just do what looks good.

I have recently gone to the short back and sides look because I got fed up of having longer hair that was supposed to be slicked back (in the 1930s style) but which I never did, I just couldn't be bothered in the mornings to mess around with it and I didn't do it when it rained, when it was windy or when it was too hot, my hair isn't particularly fond of being told what to do anyway.

Now I just stick a bit of product in it each morning and let it do its thing.

cam

go long, but keep it tidy and get it cut regularly, or you will look less fasion, more homeless

Fashionisto
    It depends on what sort of hairstyle would flatter your face. Some men suit longer hair while others suit shorter hair. You could always try hanging in there and growing it out slightly as if you change your mind it's far quicker to get a haircut than to start growing your hair from scratch again.

J8x

Trend Setter
    If I could pull off long hair I would. George Lamb's swept back hair is something I really do wish I could sport. Unfortunately I don't have the bonce for it so have to settle for short back and sides, find it pretty hard to not blend into the quiff crew though.

[QUOTE=CentralParkMan;33651]It depends on what sort of hairstyle would flatter your face.[QUOTE]

I have to agree with CentralParkMan, it really depends on the shape of your head. If your one of these guys who have a long head then the style i would recommend would be the quiff. I think its a great look especially if you have a strong jaw (dont worry you dont have to be a model)...Funny enough fashionbeans has published a great example and heres a video demonstration from tony and guy on youtube.

If you wanted the shorter look and your head is more rounded, im loving the gary barlow look, its kind of a cow lick, dont worry i know it sounds terrible but if you google it im sure you will have a change of opinion. Another great example of this hair style would be to google the cover of GQ with James Corden.

Hope this helps

+ Reply to Thread