FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Skinny Guys

Many people have completely opposite opinions on this subject, but I want to know what the guys here think.

I'm 6ft in the region of 60 - 65kgs. Some people say wearing skinny jeans and slim shirts are great for us, some say it highlights how skinny we are. I'm stuck in the mud on which opinion to side with.

What do you guys think?

depends on what type of skinny u r do u have broad shoulders compared to your lower body?, r u skinny fat? etc. generally fitted clothes r best, horizontal stripes, baggy clothes if your going for that look but mainly baggy jeans look at David Beckham as an example. but eventually you want to build a bit of size, i find that plain black shirts make me look skinny but that also might be due to my olive complexion.

Style Icon
    I'm 6 ft one with a 36-38 chest and skinny as hell so I can offer some honest advice on the subject.

You are the way you are. Embrace it. Maybe avoid skintight clothing but still keep your sillouette slim: slim jeans, well-cut shirts and have your jackets taken in by a tailor.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

I'm 5ft 8 and i'm pretty skinny, most of my clothes I buy in extra small so they tend to be pretty fitted on me. Most of my jeans are skinny although I own a couple of slim jeans, personally I prefer the way I look it all depends on the way you want to look, I remember one girl telling me that skinny jeans and slim shirts didn't suit me, but another couple of girls said I looked really fit.

It all depends on how you want to see yourself and your'e personal style, but in my opinion if you are a skinny guy slimmer shirts would suit you better, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by titanman View Post
    Many people have completely opposite opinions on this subject, but I want to know what the guys here think.

I'm 6ft in the region of 60 - 65kgs. Some people say wearing skinny jeans and slim shirts are great for us, some say it highlights how skinny we are. I'm stuck in the mud on which opinion to side with.

What do you guys think?
    highlighting how skinny we are is no bad thing, though. I'm skinny and I wouldn't dream of wearing baggy clothes, it just looks completely naff to me. I pretty much exclusively wear seam-busting skinny jeans and fitted tops for the most part, and the only odd looks I get are from insecure men, or women who are obviously jealous I fit into smaller jeans than them!

I say embrace your body size and wear what you want. I personally think skinny/tight clothes look great on skinny guys (and girls!) so long as the fit is right, i.e., clothes that are properly cut for a slim body and not just clothes that are blatantly too small.

Be who you are (and start enjoying it)

As someone of similar build and perspective, I'll second Xtrencheel303.

Let me reframe the idea for you a couple different ways. You have the body of a model. Would that knowledge alone change how you see yourself and how you might dress? Our choices are affected by how we see ourself (i. e. as inadequate, as too this, too that). If you think women aren't attracted to skinny men, consider Pete Doherty and Mick Jagger Exhibit A.

Have you ever considered being skinny a strength when it comes to how you look and how you dress?

If you choose to wear things that hug your body (and top and bottom, I do), the most important thing is that they not bring out any negatives. Example: tight t-shirt or tank top and it clearly reveals your beer belly/love handles.

It's true that skinny people can have a bit of fat, but trust me, given your dimensions, you have no reason to be concerned. If you still feel lacking in bulk, though, add a blazer to the slim jeans and tee -- and make sure the blazer is a skinny cut, fitted rather than boxy and hanging off you. The blazer should not look like what a 190 pound lawyer or businessman wears to the office.

Assuming you're hetero, if you ask a woman, "Would I look better in tight clothes?" she may say yes. But if she says no, it might be because she conjures a negative mental picture and doesn't want you to look gross. Or she wants to be polite and not come across as inappropriate/too sexual. Now, if you try wearing actual clothing that you consider borderline or too tight, you might find you get looks and compliments on it. That confirmed that it was the right decision for me.

Bottom line: Topman is your best friend from now on. (They make clothes for people like me and you.) Start enjoying the benefits.

Fashionisto
    Baggy clothes do not look good on anybody so go for skinny and don't worry about it.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by Nath6644 View Post
    I'm 6 ft one with a 36-38 chest and skinny as hell so I can offer some honest advice on the subject.

You are the way you are. Embrace it. Maybe avoid skintight clothing but still keep your sillouette slim: slim jeans, well-cut shirts and have your jackets taken in by a tailor.
    I couldn't agree more! No matter how you dress most people will still be able to tell that you're tall and skinny. There's nothing wrong being skinny as you can make a lot of trendy styles work. So go for slim jeans and skinny fit shirts if they appeal to you.

+ Reply to Thread