FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last

Fashionisto
    Hey guys,

So I'm just try to lay down the staples at the moment and form a nice capsule wardrobe. The latest edition to which is a white Oxford shirt; I chose one by Farah. It's a small and fits perfectly in the arms and chest (the lines are not the fabric pulling but where it's been folded in the bag.) My only concern is that it buries me in length.

Sorry about the quality of these images.

I've linked externally because they're quite large.

1. Shirt on it's own.
    2. Shirt under cardigan.
    3. Shirt + cardigan under my peacoat. This peacoat is a long one and it's almost the same length.
    4. Under a denim jacket; I don't think that this works at all with the length.
    Thanks all!

Style Icon
    Yeah, I think that is a bit long...depending how much you like it and how much you bought it for, I'd either get a tailor to shorten it (no idea how much this'd cost), wear it tucked in all the time or return it and try and find something shorter.

Fashionisto
    Thanks for the reply. It was 55 from ASOS. It looks loads shorter on their model, who is wearing a Medium and is 6ft 2in. This should fit me, it's a shame because it's fine everywhere else. Do you think maybe I should try an XS?

Any ideas where to get a good quality Oxford shirt from that's slim fitting? (I'm avoiding AllSaints, but there's would probably fit perfect.)

Fashionisto
    Okay so I've ordered an ASOS brand shirt to try, I'd imagine that it'll be much shorter. I do really like this shirt though and was wondering if you think it'd look okay with the things I posted tucked in? And do you tuck an Oxford shirt?

Style Icon
    Yeah, ASOS oxfords work well untucked, they're pretty casual. That Farah one'll work fine tucked in though, nothing wrong with tucking in an oxford shirt.

Trend Setter
    Good idea for a thread.

Excuse my ignorance but how do I upload a pic from my desktop to a post/comment?

Trend Setter
    [no image]

Think this should work. All Saints Kensai bomber jacket I got for half price in the sale.

Opinions on look/fit?
    Last edited by happydayz; 03-02-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marcof View Post
    Hi...

I'm renewing some clothes to my wardrobe...
    How do you think this items would fit together??

ImageShack Album - 5 images

M
    any thanks
    any ideas??

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by marcof View Post
    any ideas??
    Desert boots are a go, Jacket is good, not entirely sold on the V neck jumpers (the grey striped one is ok, but the brown one I don't like) and I'm not sure on the military boots, although that is more personal preference.

FashionBeans Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by happydayz View Post

Think this should work. All Saints Kensai bomber jacket I got for half price in the sale.

Opinions on look/fit?
    I like it, I'm a big fan of the bomber/varsity jacket. I got a black and navy one from H&M a couple of months ago and I love it, good alternative to the denim or leather jacket.

+ Reply to Thread