FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
10-01-2013 07:21 PM
Five Fashion Resolutions For The New Year
Following from what they've been discussing on the main site, what are your top five fashion resolutions for the new year?
It's a new year, we're all a bit skint and can't wait for our first payday already soooooooooo what are you going to buy and what are you not going to buy? what changes do you plan to make to your personal style if any? You must have read the articles on the site so what are your five new rules to abide by for 2013.
10-01-2013 08:00 PM
1. Need vs. Want. Trying to buy clothes that I need rather than just impulse buying and having a wardrobe of clothes that I no longer have an interest in wearing.
2. Keep my shoes in good condition. Bit of a scrub and polish can go a long way.
3. Find myself the perfect leather.
4. Try to branch out from the very limited colour palette that I currently own.
5. Have a good clearout of clothes that I no longer wear/want.
10-01-2013 09:14 PM
1. Stop buying so many clothes - I've banned myself from buying until two weeks before I go to Ibiza in May. Going to be tough!
2. Have a ruthless clear out and sell on eBay.
3. Get my hair cut more regularly - I let it grow out too much and it really lets my whole style down.
4. Try and define my personal style; but I don't think I can. I'm a fashion omnivore and everything seems to suit me ok.
5. Get in shape - it is fashion related, because a couple of my favourite shirts are a bit tight right now...
10-01-2013 10:01 PM
1. Buy more essentials - I looked at some of the 'things every guy should own' lists recently and realised there's actually a lot there that I don't own
2. Buy a leather jacket - I've never owned one but this will be the year I finally get one!
3. Only buy things if they'll go with other things I already own
4. Get in slightly better shape - I'm not in really bad shape, I'm just skinnier than I'd like to be; I'd really like to add some more muscle
5. Take better care of my shoes - I can't remember the last time I polished or cleaned any of my shoes, it's not doing them any good!
11-01-2013 12:39 AM
1. Spend less money on clothes and/or spend money more wisely on clothes. I have improved a lot recently in only buying stuff that I actually need.
2. Buy a nice pair of black shoes. I have my brothers wedding to attend this year so I'm going to treat myself to a really expensive pair, it's gonna take me a while to find the ones though.
3. Find and buy an awesome denim jacket. Again, it will take me some time to find "the one" but I will get there.
4. Carry on grooming because it's important to make an effort now and again.
5. Try and stay on top of all my clothes, be ruthless and get rid of all the crap. If I stick to rule 1, I shouldn't need to have too many clearouts this year.
11-01-2013 12:48 AM
Black shoes to a wedding? I dunno man, doesn't seem right.
Originally Posted by Santino
11-01-2013 06:22 AM
1. Update my office wardrobe- new ties, socks and a couple of shirts
2. Find and buy a tie pin, silver and understated
3. Find and buy one quality piece of knitwear for the southern hemisphere winter
4. No impules purchases
5. Wear shirts more often casually
11-01-2013 08:28 PM
1. Cut down on wearing jeans so often and try being a little bolder with colours on my bottom half.
2. Get a quality pair of leather boots that will last.
3. Give more unwanted clothes to charity rather than eBay. Keep my conscience clear!
4. Get my hair cut more frequently.
5. Invest in a nice watch.
11-01-2013 10:47 PM
1) Actually out to the store instead of ordering online without trying them on.
2) Get a wider variety of jeans/chinos that I can actually wear.
3) Don't be afraid to try different things. I play it too safe.
4) Buy shoes I won't end up hating.
5) Mix and match like a pro.
14-01-2013 11:00 PM
Interesting answers so far. Here are my five fashion resolutions for this year.
1. To stop hoarding clothes. Like many of you I find it difficult to get rid of my old clothes, even though I no longer wear them.
2. To find a good pair of stylish brown boots. I kind of like the idea of desert boots.
3. To incorporate more color into my wardrobe.
4. To invest in more classic staple pieces.
5. To find the perfect pair of sunglasss.