FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Fashionisto
    When I browse look books I normally notice individual items that I like rather than complete outfits. I'd rather see a look book made up of outfits put together by long time customers. That way each look book would be different as it would represent a different customers style. I think this idea would be a great way of exposing customers to ways of styling pieces that they'd never previously considered. I'm sick of seeing the same old outfits and ideas rehashed and marketed every year.

Trend Setter
    I tend to take ideas from a variety of places - here obviously but also Men with Style and Men with Class on Instagram, other blogs such as the Parisian Gentleman and Watch Anish etc.

In terms of celebrities, I dont have a specific "idol" as such but there are a few who I watch out for. Beckham is an obvious one, Gary Barlow, David Gandy and - I know I'll get slated for this - Mark Wright has great style at present and has really perfected the "dapper" look. His suits and blazers are awesome.

Style Icon
    I don't have any particular person as inspiration, mainly because most style icons are by far better looking than I am, and will look good in anything they put on. I can't pull that off.

What I do is browse street style and look book sites, and save all images of combos I like. I have a couple of hundred images now, which is a good way of narrowing down what I should buy. For example, I've realized, by going through all images, that I really like light brown herringbone tweed blazers. It has also helped me to figure out which shoes I prefer, and that I really like saturated green colours.

So I simply summarize, and figure out what the common denominator is for the looks I like, and update my To buy-list accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Santino View Post
    I've said it on here before, I get more inspiration from people I see on the street than I do celebrities.

It varies so much too, at the moment I'm really liking the Indy look. Skinny jeans, wild hair, tees, overshirts, leathers etc whereas I've got plenty if what I'd call "smart" clothes to throw together a sophisticated outfit.
    Unfortunately I live in Arizona, not too much going on
    As far as fashion, but I do like how Mos Def, and Aundre 3000 dress.
    They are the base of the way I dress.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcLager View Post
    I don't have any particular person as inspiration, mainly because most style icons are by far better looking than I am, and will look good in anything they put on. I can't pull that off.

What I do is browse street style and look book sites, and save all images of combos I like. I have a couple of hundred images now, which is a good way of narrowing down what I should buy. For example, I've realized, by going through all images, that I really like light brown herringbone tweed blazers. It has also helped me to figure out which shoes I prefer, and that I really like saturated green colours.

So I simply summarize, and figure out what the common denominator is for the looks I like, and update my To buy-list accordingly.
    Agree, when you don't have the looks there is no point seeing how items look on the people at the top.

I don't emulate any one person's style, but I certainly draw inspiration from several celebs. David Beckham, James Dean, Joel Houston, Johnny Depp, Lapo Elkann, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Brad Pitt are among my favorite style icons.

Trend Setter
    Edward Honaker from lookbook.nu inspires me since he is pretty close to my actual style. So sometimes I take some inspiration from him.

+ Reply to Thread