FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last

Fashionisto

Opinions on the AllSaints SS2013 Lookbook

So the SS2013 AllSaints Lookbook is available here.

I take a lot of inspiration from the AllSaints lookbooks as a beginner, but what do you guys think?

Fashionisto
    The styling seems good to me, I'm an Allsaints whore though! It's a little boring considering other years, but there's usually more looks to come late on.

Trend Setter
    I dont like it - I think its very dull and bland.

Fashionisto
    I'm sure it'll get better, but there is a massive lack of statement pieces so far!

Style Icon
    I think this is boring, awful and completely uninspiring. I was in store recently, and the new leathers are expensive, horrible and dry. The new knitwear is OK (I like their take on camouflage) but everything looks like it was designed by someone who had a complete lack of inspiration. Indeed, the quality has gone far downhill too. The new shirts feel cheap, and the collars are longer and annoying.

I really don't like All Saints' new direction. They are cutting the quality of their items and increasing the prices to make people think their new understated take on fashion is the second coming. It really isn't.

I think it is a real shame, as two years ago this brand had gone from strength to strength for me. Their AW10 and SS11 collections were great.

Trend Setter
    I was in the Regent Street branch of AllSaints today and asked about what was going on with the new collection, and the guy said the rest of the SS13 products should be dropping on Wednesday/Thursday. The store still had about 50% of its floorspace to sale stock so they're probably delaying the full release of their collection until a bit more of it has sold.

I too thought it was a bit bland, but he said there's some cool garments dropping with the rest of the collection. Hope he was being honest.

We'll have to see later in the week

Fashionisto
    Honestly? I think it is boring and there are better alternatives.

Fashionisto
    I was having a look through their stuff today. I'm looking at their slim fit Oxford shirts, no problems there, I'll give them a try. However, when I look into their knitwear everything looks fine styling wise to me but the care instructions are ridiculous. For all of their Code Merino line the instruction are "do not wash"; for most of their knitwear it's "hand wash". Erm, no thanks.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Allsaints is on a downward spiral. They've been in decline since circa AW10. Would like to see someone take them in a different direction, the current collections are uninspiring and dull as well as the overall quality of their clothing being nowhere near what it used to be.

Trend Setter
    I hate the knitwear in their new collection. I love the leather jackets and they do some of the best denim/western-inspired shirts around, but their knitwear is awful this year. So far it all seems to be a shade of white, grey or brown, nearly all either see-through to some degree or camo patterned. In my opinion camo is great as an accessory, like in a pocket square for example, but there's no way I'd wear a camo jumper. It's also a somewhat bizarre choice for the S/S season, as camo is more commonly associated with A/W.

Also, I thought one of the biggest trends for S/S13 (building on last year) was bright colours?! Safe to say, unless the rest of the stuff they add is greatly improved I will not be buying much from them this year.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 ... Last