FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Good Quality Staple Shirt to be Untucked

Hi all,

So I'm looking for some good quality slim fitting shirts that can be left untucked. I bought a white Oxford shirt from ASOS and Farah. The ASOS shirt was a good length and fit but the quality wasn't a patch on the Farah shirt. (I think it should be high quality since it's a staple item.)

I was wondering if you guys could recommend some slim fitting shirts that will work well untucked. I was looking at the AllSaints offerings, I'd pay the price if the fit is right.

Another option would be to buy some Farah shirts and have the length taken up.

What do you think the best option would be?

Fashionisto
    For me, Allsaints shirts fit perfectly. However their sizing is notoriously sketchy, so go try it on in store!

You could try Gap also.

Trend Setter
    Well in that case, you just saved me the hassle of getting an ASOS shirt if the quality isn't that great...

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by malti001 View Post
    Well in that case, you just saved me the hassle of getting an ASOS shirt if the quality isn't that great...
    The quality wasn't great in comparison to the Farah shirt. The material wasn't as soft, it felt very stiff and the buttons needed a lot of force to get in. The Farah shirt was very soft, but then it's 55 vs 22.

I didn't see any problems stitching/cut wise.

I know this might come as a bit of a shock, but if and only IF! your looking for a more plain slim fit shirt, i bought a good quality white slim fit shirt with black buttons from NEXT. Loved the fit, price was fair, and it went well with my double breasted trench coat. Also if your not a fan of the brand, nobody will know!

If your sceptical about NEXT (as i was) then my second option would definitely be All Saints, great quality and good fits but like Joel said, you need to go in directly to try in store to be sure.

As if the above post wasn't shocking enough, I swear by Primark's Oxford shirts. They are nice material, great fit and TEN POUNDS

WTF

Style Icon
    I do love the fit of Allsaints shirts. I'm a 36-7 chest and a medium is perfect on me.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

Fashionisto
    I'm certainly not a brand snob guys, I generally go for item with little branding anyway. (With no/subtle branding/logos on.) I actually saw a lovely pea coat in November by Superdry but decided against it because it had quite a big logo on the shoulder. I buy all of my jeans from River Island because personally I see no problem with them, always look good on!

The only reason I chose Farah/AllSaints is because I just expect the shirt to be in my wardrobe for a long time. I tried the ASOS one, it was a shame that the quality of my particular shirt wasn't too spectacular. I will give Next and Primark a go. It's a shame that I don't have an AllSaints store nearby, I'll just have to order a small and hope for the best. (I'm 5ft 11 and a 36/37in chest. Medium tends to come up quite long on me in all things.)

Oh and Pins, I snapped up the last pair of those H by Hudson boots in my size. Woop! (These ones. They'll replace my AllSaints Buckley Chelsea boot which had to be returned. )

Fashionisto
    The rumours about NEXT are true, they do some great shirts. Very smart and reasonable price.

+ Reply to Thread