FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

V-neck sweaters vs Crew-Neck sweaters

How does the coordination of your outfit differ when wearing V-neck sweaters vs Crew-neck sweaters? Do you have a preferred one? Or do you treat them the same?

I personally think they each have their role in my wardrobe.

When pairing with a collared shirt underneath, a v-neck sweater looks better as (in my opinon) it looks somewhat more formal, and can show the collar a little more without it looking constrained as with the crew-neck.

However when I'm not wearing a collared-shirt, I'd never wear a v-neck sweater. I feel the crew-neck is more suitable for a casual outfit, and can be worn on its own or with a t shirt underneath, etc.

Just my two cents. What do you think?

Trend Setter
    As you say, v-neck is better in a more formal outfit when worn with a shirt underneath, but in all other situations I think the crew-neck is better. I prefer it because it's easier to style and suits me better I think.

Trend Setter
    I agree and I would also say that if you wanted a patterend jumper opt for a crew neck. V neck should be block colour only - in my opinion.

Fashionisto
    Block color is a real good word for its use (at least how I like to use it):
    It can allow you to put a pattern shirt under, it's a real good comination

Trend Setter
    Definately. I rock a burgundy V-neck with a subtle floral shirt underneath quite a bit.

+ Reply to Thread