FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Sam

Style Icon

Men's Jeans And Wide Hips?

Hi guys,
    I've been wondering about the way my jeans fit in relation to my hips. I was told today that I have quite large hips, and as a skinny jeans wearing guy this was of massive, but quiet concern.
    Without having to go out and buy a tape measure (I know, silly not having one) is there any way I can tell if my hips are too wide? I'm struggling hard to look in the mirror with any degree of objectivity, and I don't really have a good reference point either.
    Secondly, if the worst transpires and I actually do have particularly wide hips, what can I do with my jeans? Almost all my jeans, and indeed chinos, are fairly skinny, although not tight. This seems like a real faux pas for a guy of such proportions - but I don't particularly want to relearn the art of wearing jeans, as I have always felt I'm doing in anything but the trusty Topman skinnies I parade around in. Furthermore as a not particularly tall guy - although not short per se - I enjoy the illusion of height they offer.
    And finally, is there anything that can actually be physically done about this? It seems like a bone structure thing so I ain't holding out hope!
    Thanks for reading guys, what do you think?

Well you need to post a pic if you want actual opinions, but my advice is if you've been happy with how you look in them up to now, don't worry about it. Especially if only one person has said it to you in all that time!

Wearing a different jeans cut isn't going to change you physically anyway- the only thing it will change is your style, and I suspect that losing the skinnies will mean losing your style edge!

FashionBeans Staff
    I wouldn't worry about it, if your jeans fit and you are happy with your style it isn't an issue, your hips will be in proportion to the rest of your body and it will all work together. I have quite chunky legs and wear skinnys, I actually prefer my legs to stick thin types because It makes me look more substantial - in a good way.

Sam

Style Icon
    Cheers guys; I might upload a picture or two once I've found me phone but to be honest I'm starting to care less and less anyway! Realised it's more about the hips:calves ratio, which is alright by me.

+ Reply to Thread