FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    geo

Trend Setter

Massimo Dutti thoughts?

I was just looking at massimo dutti's site and all their pictures seem to show impeccably fitting clothing (in my opinion the way clothes look good and the type of fit and silhouette I try to emulate).

I've never actually bought anything from the brand though so does anyone have experience? Do the pictures of the slim silhouette of the trousers match the actual product? My pet hate is when brands photograph an item (especially trousers/jeans) looking really slim then when you get them they are so much wider and nothing like the picture.

Style Icon
    I had a pair of their slim fit trousers, and found them to be very long and not slim at all (more of a straight cut). My advice would be to try them on in-store if you can.
    The quality is brilliant though.

Or you could try IKETUONYE. They make custom pants, i love their fit. But i have never bought their suits. I have only tried their shirts, waistcoats and pants.
    MASSIMO is a nice brand, but it seems like they make the same pair of trousers with multiple fits. I once got a chino pant from them, it was great i liked it so much i wanted another pair in a different color, bought it and it fit so differently i thought it was made of a different brand. Very strange. Go with IKETUONYE they are a men's only brand i think

Style Icon
    Don't know about the trousers but bought a jumper and a few shirts from there last year; the jumper was beautifully fitted whilst the shirts were like tents and had to be sent back.

geo

Trend Setter
    So no one seems to think they are too slim then...does anyone know where I can get reasonable good slim chinos etc...everywhere does not seem slim enough and means I have to get them altered which is fine, but would be nice one day to find a good fitting pair off the peg requiring no alteration but it seems most places cater for a standard block that I'm never fully happy with.

And if I buy things labelled skinny they are usually ridiculously tight and I want things very slim, but not skinny skin tight. There is a difference!

Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    So no one seems to think they are too slim then...does anyone know where I can get reasonable good slim chinos etc...everywhere does not seem slim enough and means I have to get them altered which is fine, but would be nice one day to find a good fitting pair off the peg requiring no alteration but it seems most places cater for a standard block that I'm never fully happy with.

And if I buy things labelled skinny they are usually ridiculously tight and I want things very slim, but not skinny skin tight. There is a difference!
    All Saints do a slim chino now

Mens Chinos | Fort Chino | AllSaints

Bound to be an actual slim fit

FashionBeans Staff
    Reiss - Wickham chino.

Fashionisto
    I actually own a pair of the All Saint's chinos that @Pin Money posted. I'm happy with the fit and quality and am tempted to buy a second pair.

+ Reply to Thread