FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last
    geo

Fashionisto

Uniqlo down jacket

Does anyone have any experience with these..are they actually any good? And what do people think about the look of them:

http://shop.uniqlo.com/uk/goods/074697#colorSelect

Plus, what colour would you say is a good option?

Trend Setter
    I have a slim fitting one in navy. It looks fantastic and is great quality. I'm delighted with it.

It was featured on The Style Blogger this week: Insulating Your Blazer feat. Wes | TSBmen
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

Yeah I like them a lot, good update to the Barbour style jacket that is now ubiquitous

I would cop it in "Wine"

geo

Fashionisto
    Just checked and they've sold out online in my size (small) in navy. And not sure about wine. I like red but then it might not go with as much stuff. Any other thoughts on colour?
    Not sure if they are likely to get more stock back online again?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    I have a slim fitting one in navy. It looks fantastic and is great quality. I'm delighted with it.

It was featured on The Style Blogger this week: Insulating Your Blazer feat. Wes | TSBmen
    I think they do look pretty cool as a layering piece.

But if you can fit a blazer over the top (or over any jacket for that matter) and do it up, your blazer does not fit you properly.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by _Ben_ View Post
    I think they do look pretty cool as a layering piece.

But if you can fit a blazer over the top (or over any jacket for that matter) and do it up, your blazer does not fit you properly.
    That's simply not true. This down is ultra light, there's nothing to it, it's like wearing a light jumper.

And not everyone wears ultra slim blazers, but that doesn't mean they don't fit. The way you like fit, isn't necessarily the way everyone likes fit.
    www.twitter.com/electroRoss

I have to say that this whole "creative layering" fad at the moment doesn't really work for me. Wearing a denim jacket under a coat for example; to me it just looks like you don't have the correct item to wear under your coat.

It looks a bit sloppy to me. Does anyone else feel that way?

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by electroRoss View Post
    That's simply not true. This down is ultra light, there's nothing to it, it's like wearing a light jumper.

And not everyone wears ultra slim blazers, but that doesn't mean they don't fit. The way you like fit, isn't necessarily the way everyone likes fit.
    Perhaps I didn't realise how light these particular down jackets are, but in any case I stand by my original statement. I'm not saying a blazer needs to be ultra slim, but if you can fit anything thicker than a jumper under it then I think you definitely need a size down.
    When I had my blazer fitted, the tailor wouldn't even let me keep on my thin merino jumper.

Ive also been tempted to purchase one of these, thinking of the slim fit red but just concerned it might be abit too shiny(not interested in following current neon fad) - unfortunately there isnt a uniqlo store anywhere nearby to check it out first hand. Anybody had any experience with uniqlo returns? Might buy to check it out and send back if it leaves me looking like ive come straight from fukoshima...

Personally i cant imagine wearing one under a blazer, for me a blazer is all about clean lines and I definately prefer slim fit but appreciate creative layering is a bit of a trend and with more subdued colours it doesnt look terrible.

Style Icon
    Uniqlo returns are pretty good, they use collect+ which means taking it to a corner shop/petrol statio/etc which is often easier than a post office. Can be a bit slow but it's free.

+ Reply to Thread