FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

Bespoke shirts

I've been looking at prices for bespoke shirts, but apart from being expensive (I've seen prices from 125 - 250), you need to order anything from 3-6 shirts in the same material.

Yesterday I popped into a shop near where I work and found out that the guy who runs it is also a designer and he offers individual bespoke shirts for 145. I have no idea how the quality stacks up, but he says it's all Italian cloth and Brtish made.

If anyone's interested they are at 167 Bermondsey St. bermondsey167 :: Life, meet Style

Any reason why you are looking for bespoke shirts? I considered it as I struggle to find anything that fits me, but had the dilemma that I often trash shirts. In the end I spoke to the tailor that suited me up and he instantly recommended a specific cut, size and sleeve length for an off the rail shirt which fit perfect.

Fashionisto
    Well, part of it is a desire to have one unique piece of clothing that fits me perfectly. I would love bespoke shoes for my seemingly non-standard feet, but could never afford them. A shirt seems an affordable option.

I get affordable and reasonably well-fitting work shirts from places like Hawes & Curtis, but without a tie these just look like work shirts worn incorrectly. The problem with casual shirts is that they never come in my sleeve length - they always come halfway down my fist.

If you can tell me where to get decent casual shirts in a range of sleeve lengths I would be very grateful.

Trend Setter
    Get the sleeves altered. I have done that with some shirts that fitted well other than the sleeves. Doesn' cost that much.

+ Reply to Thread