FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Help me! Luxury hoodie?

Yo guys

I have decided I need a nice, thick, plain grey marl hoodie. Don't want to spend over a oner. Have exhausted my usual outlets, All Saints having the best thing at the moment.

Anyone have any links for things I may not have come across yet?

Trend Setter

Trend Setter
    slightly over budget, but this one is v.nice:-
    Classic Grey Melange Slim Hoody | Sunspel

Sorry guys, needs to be a zip one

The sunspel one is nice Ares but for that money I would prob just go for the All Saints one with suede elbow patches

Fashionisto
    I like that AllSaints one, the care guide puts me off though. I feel like the material is going to degrade exponentially if I don't use a super delicate wash cycle... lots of their knitwear is hand wash cycle even the ones that aren't open knit design. How do you find their stuff pins?

While we're on AllSaints, my perfect T-Shirts are from American Apparel, however the white ones seem to go really shite after a few washes. (All other colours are fine) Thinking about just buying a coupele of white tee from AS... Is the sizing true and quality fine on them ATM?

I'm normally a medium/large but the AS small t-shirt was the best fit on me, but I like mine quite fitted. However the quality wasn't great and the hem tore off after wearing it half a dozen times, may just be a dud but put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtfolder View Post
    I like that AllSaints one, the care guide puts me off though. I feel like the material is going to degrade exponentially if I don't use a super delicate wash cycle... lots of their knitwear is hand wash cycle even the ones that aren't open knit design. How do you find their stuff pins?

While we're on AllSaints, my perfect T-Shirts are from American Apparel, however the white ones seem to go really shite after a few washes. (All other colours are fine) Thinking about just buying a coupele of white tee from AS... Is the sizing true and quality fine on them ATM?
    Hey bro

Does that care info really put you off? I wash everything on 30 and delicate anyway. TBH with knitwear, I avoid washing it at all costs really.

I love the AS tees for fit. I think sizing is a bit more consistent now, but I would usually try before I buy anyway as I can get to a store easily.

Fashionisto
    Well I don't usually pay much attention to the care guides as I just use a 30 degree cotton cycle, however seeing a hoodie with 'hand wash' instructions seemed strange to me. Their Minero line says do not wash. Maybe the cotton cycle is why my tees are degrading in quality so fast, they're all American Apparel so not exactly bad quality. Like I said though, only the white one has gone bad.

I do think that the AllSaints hoodies are nice though and would go well under a denim jacket. I'm actually trying to find a hoodie that doesn't bobble like crazy, I think I'll try an AA one as they're only 42. (The plastic caps on the drawstrings does put me off though as they're bound to go missing.)

What will you be pairing this with? I'm personally inclined to think that a plain tee, black skinnines and boots would be the way to go here. Just keeping it simple.

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtfolder View Post
    Well I don't usually pay much attention to the care guides as I just use a 30 degree cotton cycle, however seeing a hoodie with 'hand wash' instructions seemed strange to me. Their Minero line says do not wash. Maybe the cotton cycle is why my tees are degrading in quality so fast, they're all American Apparel so not exactly bad quality. Like I said though, only the white one has gone bad.

I do think that the AllSaints hoodies are nice though and would go well under a denim jacket. I'm actually trying to find a hoodie that doesn't bobble like crazy, I think I'll try an AA one as they're only 42. (The plastic caps on the drawstrings does put me off though as they're bound to go missing.)

What will you be pairing this with? I'm personally inclined to think that a plain tee, black skinnines and boots would be the way to go here. Just keeping it simple.
    I thought it said 30 degrees? If it says do not wash, it will be because of the suede elbow patches, of course.

For me I just want a hoodie to wear under leather / denim jacket with black or blue jeans and trainers, plimsolls or my TOMs. I don't think it works with boots for me really... More or a dressed-down thing for sure.

Ended up getting a decent looking All Saints one from eBay for 11 so will see how that goes.

Fashionisto
    If that doesn't work out I recommend one from Alternative Apparel. Super soft and comfortable.

+ Reply to Thread