FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last

White Jeans?

Soooo

I have a pair of white, skinny diesel jeans, but I never really wear them. I guess it's because I don't know what people will think of them.

I'm going to Amsterdam for a stag do in a few weeks and I'm thinking of busting them out. Outfit will be something like this:

(I will be taking trainers and boots with me and switching up when appropriate. Top wise I will be wearing plain grey / white tees or a camo-print wifebeater vest)

So what do you guys think? What kind of image does wearing white jeans give off? I'm thinking there's a rocky, arrogant, don't-give-a-fuck edge to them. Am I right? Or will I just look like a prick? Thanks!

Style Icon
    I often wear white jeans in spring and summer as part of the whole affluent, European look: navy blazer, loafers etc.

I'm personally not convinced by them in an AW look, as they just scream impracticality. People do wear them in winter though, and some get away with it. There's nothing wrong with the outfit's you've suggested (though it's not a look I would wear) but I'm not sure what the jeans add. A pair of indigo skinnies would work just as well without the extra expenditure on Dazz washing tablets.
    Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/NathanBeesleyMusic

SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/nathan-beesley-music

Last.fm - http://www.last.fm/user/NathanBeesley

Blog - https://boywiththethorninhisside.wordpress.com/

I concur with the "Affluent European look".
    Impracticality is something that would really put me off, any city grime that you pick up during the 'antics' would be pretty obvious for all to see. Even sitting down would probably leave them with some stain on that you would have to walk around with all day. I would leave them at home.

Yeah practicality could be an issue - was planning on bringing black jeans too thou

Style Icon
    Leave them at home. They will get ruined.

Wear some indigo jeans and maybe a chambray shirt to go under the cardigan if you want to smarten up a bit more. I think the above advice is all sound. The rest of the look is fine.

I wouldn't wear indigo jeans with that, would go for black ones tbh

I can't believe we're hinging all this on practicality. What's happened to us?!

I wore white jeans to Glastonbury. Each stain was a badge of honour!

Practicality aside, do you lot think it would be a cool look? I still wanna go for it tbh. Want to wear something a bit different u know!

Will team them with some ott sunglasses and a massive joint.

Style Icon
    I think it could work. If they were fitted so they finished just short of your trainers I think it would be a banging look.

I have had them tailored, they do fit as Ben described and are very skinny at the bottom. I'm thinking I'll go for it.

I'll prob end up spilling guinness on them in the airport.
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 24-02-2013 at 10:28 PM.

Fashionisto
    Mate I say go for it.
    If you're after a "rocky, arrogant, don't-give-a-fuck edge", it's not gonna matter if they get a bit scuffed up when you're out and about. (I will be ashamed of you if you return from a stag weekend in Amsterdam with pristine white jeans anyway. Should be far messier than that.)
    I'd take those black jeans with you though as well, just incase.!

J8x

Trend Setter
    For every day wear I'd say steer clear, but in Amsterdam why not. In general across mainland Europe people are a bit more out there anyway, compared the safe attitude in the UK. If you think you can pull it off go for it.

+ Reply to Thread
1 2 3 Last