FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Working a summer season.

As I sit and apply for jobs working as a seasonnaire in places such as Ibiza and Greece, due to it being my first summer season I am wondering what my wardrobe situation is going to be when I'm there. I'm turning to you guys' pantheon of sartorial knowledge for advice. How easy is it to transition a classic, timeless look to that sort of environment or does it require more on trend pieces? Talk me through a list of your vital pieces that would be in your suitcase to keep you looking good? The more extensive a list the better!

Anybody care to add some input?

It's an extremely long-winded question that you have asked

I think you'd be better just trending it up. Some rolled-up chino shorts, leather sandals / espadrilles, vests / t-shirts and possibly a denim jacket would be on my list.

Style Icon
    There are some good articles on the subject on this very site, though I don't agree with the editors fondness of flip-flops. They're only good for walking to and from the pool, and only if that walk is less than 100 meters. Leather sandals or canvas shoes, that you can wear with or without socks, is the way to go. Don't forget to use sun protection on your feet when using sandals though!

Be very aware of fabrics. Seersucker, linen and cotton is the way to go. Stay clear of anything synthetic, unless it's specifically designed to breath (this includes underwear!), or you'll end up boiling. Remember to bring things that can cover you without getting too hot, for example long trousers, a linen jacket, and hats, as staying a whole season will easily burn your skin even when using sunscreen.

5 Men’s Summer Style Tips | FashionBeans
    Summer Holiday Style Survival Guide | FashionBeans
    Men’s High Summer Footwear | FashionBeans
    Men’s Summer Holiday Fashion Essentials | FashionBeans
    A FashionBeans Guide To: Putting Together a Summer Outfit | FashionBeans

The number of garments to bring will depend on your willingness to do laundry.

+ Reply to Thread