FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

What to do with this Pea Coat

Hi all,

So I've just recently been concerned with my style. I feel like I've progressed nicely over the past few months and I'm ready to clear out the wardrobe as I no longer like most of the stuff that I purchased. One large change is the size I purchase. No idea why but I used to buy a medium. I'm 5ft 10 and have a 36 inch chest, so I now buy an XS. (Sometime an S)

I have this Pea Coat in a M. Whilst to most people it looks fine I can see that it's far to big in the chest. It's not a very expensive coat and is a few months old, any suggestions on what to do with it guys?

Cheers.

Trend Setter
    Either have it altered to fit better or sell it on? I have a similar coat in small, I had the sleeves shortened., but really it is still a little large for my tastes. It is a few years old so I will prob just try and upgrade to a navy 100% wool peacoat before next winter.

Fashionisto
    I think that I'll just get rid of it to be honest.

I am wondering about what to do when it's gone. Buy another coat or spend the money on a jacket.

Looking around AllSaints I saw the Bale Coat (opinions?) and the Mast Pea Coat (not sure about brown though.), however it seems late to be buying a 100% wool coat now we're heading towards spring.

Fashionisto
    So I think that I'll put the money from the coat towards a Cargo Biker Jacket by AllSaints.

Quote Originally Posted by tshirtfolder View Post
    So I think that I'll put the money from the coat towards a Cargo Biker Jacket by AllSaints.
    This is a great shout - much better to buy a transitional piece such as this at this time of year. I would advise buying one that allows you to layer a jumper under it though. I have an All Saints biker which I bought in the smallest size I could fit in to. While it looks great, it is quite limiting not being able to layer it with much.

Invest in a wool coat when AW 13 rolls around.

Fashionisto
    So I've gotten rid of the coat and a few other bits.

Basically I'm going to start my wardrobe again minus a jumper, scarf and my two pairs of boots. This time I'm going to buy the correct size from the get go and invest in all of the staples. I might post my list of things here so that I don't end up in the same position again. Probably going to walk around in t-shirts and jeans for a while so that I can just save up 1,000 or so and buy a load at once.

@Pins; I'm going to buy things like tees, jumpers and shirts in an XS. Do you think that I should deffo size up on the leather jacket to an S? I'm going to pick up the Bloomsbury denim jacket too, I'm thinking XS in that though as I tend to layer them under things now. (Think that it's a unique look.) I'm actually going to be buying a lot from AllSaints, hopefully their jeans will live up to the praise you've been giving them ;-) My River Island ones are stretched out now after a few month, it's truly a false economy with them.

Cheers guys

Well, go and try it on obv, but I just find it useful to be able to layer stuff under. If that's not how you're planning on wearing it, don't worry.

All jeans will stretch a bit. They should return to form if you wash them.

+ Reply to Thread