FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2

Yeah I think the Primark ones are Cedarwood state

Really good stretch skinny jeans in nice washes. They do odd waist sizes too which is good.

Fashionisto
    So I went into H&M today and tried on the slim fit straight leg LOGG jeans - unfortunately they were v tight around my thigh and just didn't fit that well. I felt a bit constrained in them when walking around and sitting down . I'm a typical 32 x 32 jean man but seem to struggle with slim fits for some reason (perhps I'm just not used to them). Always had 501's so will go back to the drawing board and look for some straight leg ones I think.

Someone said avoid Topman and RI hit and miss - why is that out of interest?

I can't get to a Primark or Uniqlo unfortunately - Northampton is rubbish for shopping, so that only leaves me with Burton, RI, Topman, Next, New Look and H&M.......hmmm!

J8x

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickswolves View Post
    So I went into H&M today and tried on the slim fit straight leg LOGG jeans - unfortunately they were v tight around my
    Someone said avoid Topman and RI hit and miss - why is that out of interest?
    Yeah that was me. I'd say avoid Topman because I've had 3 pairs and all were pretty bad. One pair the dye was awful and rubbed off on other clothes quite badly, something I've never seen from any other jeans. Another pair were a panic buy and the fit was horrible, tight around the thighs and loose from the knee and the third pair although not necessarily having anything wrong with them were retired not long after buying just because other jeans fit nicer and looked better.

River Island the sizing varies a lot from each style even if the label says they're the same fit. I've got a mate who works there and he says they are quite decent now though, almost comparable to slightly more upmarket brands at around 40 a pop. Not too bad I suppose.

If you get a chance you should look at brand such as Cheap Monday or even Nudies in the sales for better products at not much more price wise. In terms of your local high street though, seems you're just going to have to go and try a load on and see what fits. shame that the H&M ones didn't fit well, I've got a couple of pairs that cost 20-25 that get just as much wear as my Allsaints and Nudies.

Fashionisto
    Quote Originally Posted by J8x View Post
    If you get a chance you should look at brand such as Cheap Monday or even Nudies in the sales for better products at not much more price wise. In terms of your local high street though, seems you're just going to have to go and try a load on and see what fits. shame that the H&M ones didn't fit well, I've got a couple of pairs that cost 20-25 that get just as much wear as my Allsaints and Nudies.
    As I was reading this thread, I too thought immediately of Cheap Monday. I wanted a cheap knock about pair of jeans and found a pair of Cheap Monday raw denim Autobhan on sale, 50% off, for $45AUS. Even at the full price this is still great value as they have been a fantastic pair of jeans and suit a tall slim build.

I got some religion jeans on asos for like 35, they have a good tapered fit and are stretchy too so they should work for you

Also consider getting jeans tailored. It does add cost but easily worth it to get the perfect fit.

+ Reply to Thread