FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Style Icon

DIY Fashion

So as I sit here with a seam ripper, grandad-ifying a collared shirt, I wonder, has anyone else attempted DIY on their clothes? Share your homemade shorts, dye jobs, makeshift alterations and deranged modifications!

Trend Setter
    I have an olive coloured very fine needlecord blazer with a red lining, collar lining and red detail lapel hole etc. and have toyed with putting some elbow patches on it myself, in a matching red suede. I got the patches, but have not gotten around to it and had second thoughts that it was perhaps an awful bad idea.

Other than that all I have attempted is replacing horrible cheap buttons with nicer ones.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I have an olive coloured very fine needlecord blazer with a red lining, collar lining and red detail lapel hole etc. and have toyed with putting some elbow patches on it myself, in a matching red suede. I got the patches, but have not gotten around to it and had second thoughts that it was perhaps an awful bad idea.
    It sounds good to me, but I'd get some practice first...I don't know about you but my stitching is MESSY, even with a sewing machine...

Fashionisto
    I haven't attempted any DIY yet but I'm tempted to try sitching my own elbow pads too! I'd probably veer away from stitching anything on to a blazer though as I have little DIY experience. Perhaps I should try stitching an elbow pad on to my navy cardigan as if it doesn't work out it won't be such an expensive mistake.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by CentralParkMan View Post
    I haven't attempted any DIY yet but I'm tempted to try sitching my own elbow pads too! I'd probably veer away from stitching anything on to a blazer though as I have little DIY experience. Perhaps I should try stitching an elbow pad on to my navy cardigan as if it doesn't work out it won't be such an expensive mistake.
    Sounds sensible, easier to undo without leaving holes in the fabric as well.

+ Reply to Thread