FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
1 2 Last

Style Icon

Skinny Raw Denim Jeans

So I am currently after a pair of skinny raw denim jeans (most likely similar to the All Saints cigarette fit).

All Saints currently sell a selvedge pair, however I tried it on in store and the length was far too long.
    Nudie sell a number of pairs, but I am unsure on the fit. Tight-Long John's have been washed, but have the same fading characteristics as a dry pair; whilst the Tape-Ted's they sell look skinny, but appear to have a long rise.

Indeed, has anyone had any experience with Aqua by Aqua?
    They currently have a pair of skinny raw denim jeans which look like a great fit:
    Aqua Chino - Claret : Aqua by Aqua

I'm unsure on the quality though.

Can anyone recommend a good pair? I don't want to pay more than 90 for a pair. eBay links are fine as well.

J8x

Trend Setter
    Got a tee and had chinos in the past from Aqua. Both are very good for the price. Not seen the selvedge jeans but going from what I have seen from the brand I'd personally give them a go. Now you mention it I think a nice skinny tapered selvedge pair of jeans might be on my wishlist, just a bit wary of weight in slim fits. I can vouch that tape ted is a decent fit, got a nice pair that get plenty of wear, although it definitely isn't a real skinny fit. I'd describe it as a tapered slim, not really comparable to Cigarette fit, closer to Iggy probably.

Just grab the cigarette ones and take them to a tailor.

They will be able to take them up for you as well as tapering a bit to make them really skinny, if you want that. I swear by getting jeans tailored. For something that you are going to wear every day, isn't it worth making sure the fit is absolutely spot on?

That said, the Aqua ones do look really nice.

Style Icon
    Can a pair of selvedge jeans be tailored? Won't they lose their selvedge?

I would be tempted to take them to my tailor, however 95 plus alteration costs is stretching it a bit for me.

Fashionisto
    Most raw jeans are longer on purpose so you can hem them to the length you like

Style Icon
    I'd just cuff them a few times. I think rolled jeans look awesome.

Does anyone have experience with the skinnier Nudie fits like Tight-Long-John?

Trend Setter
    Nudie Jeans
    Tube Kelly Org. Twill Rinsed - Nudie Jeans Co Online Shop
    Not tried these personally, but they are supposed to be in between the Tight Long John and Tape Ted. Maybe give the twill rinsed ones a try?

Style Icon
    I am very tempted. The dilemma is that I want a pair to wear in, but these aren't proper raw denim per-se. The fit is excellent though, but then again the Aqua ones look great too. I'm just dubious about buying into a brand I have had no personal experience with.

I think the Aqua ones, and the brand in general, look awesome. Would defo buy them personally.

Style Icon
    I just bought a pair of Nudie Thin Finns at a bargain price.

If they fit I will have the legs slimmed down.
    Any recommendations on what to ask for with regards to tailoring, Pins or anyone? I want the tailor to keep the orange-coloured nudie thread.

+ Reply to Thread