FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Leather bag for work - brown or black?

I'm considering getting a leather briefcase type of bag for work (needs to my 15" mac in there too) as the one I have now is literally falling apart! I mostly wear grey or navy suits (rarely with a tie though) and black shoes when it's colder. But in the summer a lot of times just a shirt and trousers (my office isn't overly formal). What do you think would be a better option for the bag - brown or black? Some dark brown bags look really nice but would they look a bit odd with black shoes? Knomo have some nice options I thought: Men's Briefcases | Leather and Canvas Briefcases for Men | Designed by KNOMO LondonAny other suggestions/links would also be much appreciated! Budget is around 150. Cheers

I prsonally like a brown bag, as it's less formal. Also if you do want to buy a black briefcase, buy one that is distressed, which is softer and will also look less formal as well. I also find navy suits with brown shoes nice, so maybe getting the brown bag and a new pair of shoes.

i got a JP Marcellino briefcase in havana English bridle, i think its in the middle of black and brown and goes with most suits. here is one of his brown satchels

i would still check out the Havana, it has a nice chocolate color to it and i think goes with black shoes. i wear them all the time with my Havana bag.

Black shoes = black bag

Your leathers have to match for formal

Brown shoes + bag would be ideal though imo, especially with your suit colours

Or why not go for a coloured leather bag?

Fashionisto
    black bag. no doubt about that, match your leathers.

+ Reply to Thread