FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 Last

Fashionisto
    TK Maxx for sure, I've picked up some great blazers for around 70 in the past. Then it's worth spending an extra 30 or so on a few alterations at a tailor, just to get the fit spot on!

First post (hi everyone)

I've recently started looking around for a lighter blazer as I'm moving to Madrid sometime in August. There's a 100% cotton, light-grey 'basic blazer' on the Zara website that is only 40 but it's annoyingly the only one out of stock. Some of the other ones they have are more around the 70-80 mark but they all look quite nice.

I'm kinda weighing up buying one but I've never had a chance to try the men's range at Zara because I live in Nottingham and the Zara in town doesn't have a men's section...

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    First post (hi everyone)

I've recently started looking around for a lighter blazer as I'm moving to Madrid sometime in August. There's a 100% cotton, light-grey 'basic blazer' on the Zara website that is only 40 but it's annoyingly the only one out of stock. Some of the other ones they have are more around the 70-80 mark but they all look quite nice.

I'm kinda weighing up buying one but I've never had a chance to try the men's range at Zara because I live in Nottingham and the Zara in town doesn't have a men's section...
    Speaking from experience, Zara menswear tends to come up on the smaller side, or well fitted/tighter. What are your measurements?

Trend Setter
    The Uniqlo ones are lightweight. And at 30 you cant really say no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack. View Post
    Speaking from experience, Zara menswear tends to come up on the smaller side, or well fitted/tighter. What are your measurements?
    Actually I made an error. There's a reason it's 40 - it's polyester! I think I'd rather pay a bit more and get a better material like cotton...

I'm a 38" chest and a 30" waist. I generally need a short size, though I can get away with regular. Being 5'8" I'm sort of in the middle depending on where I shop. Other than that I don't know my measurements!

Trend Setter
    I'm also after a summer blazer (see separate thread I started). Like other posters above I am on a budget and would prefer natural fibers. I'm going to try the navy linen one by Uniqlo, as it seems the best in terms of materials and price that I can find at the moment. Hopefully should arrive this week, will let you know what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm also after a summer blazer (see separate thread I started). Like other posters above I am on a budget and would prefer natural fibers. I'm going to try the navy linen one by Uniqlo, as it seems the best in terms of materials and price that I can find at the moment. Hopefully should arrive this week, will let you know what I think.
    I'd be interested to know what you think of it as you generally described exactly what I'm looking for. Are you referring to this one?

I think I'd prefer grey as I already have a navy blazer but it's not really suitable for everyday wear in the summer.
    Last edited by topcat; 16-04-2013 at 10:09 PM.

Trend Setter
    That's the one. I think it should be at home when I get in from work. My only other navy blazer is an All Saints DB one. Hoping this will be more versatile.

Trend Setter
    Had a quick look at the blazer this morning before going out to work. I got the XS, i'm normally a 36s, this feels slightly larger than I would like, though it could be that I am not used to such thin unlined blazers. The arms will need taking up, the chest fits OK, the shoulders may be a little on the large side. I would prefer the arms to be a bit skinnier. Other than this the colour and overall look of it is good. Doesn't seem bad for 50. Will try and post pics tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Had a quick look at the blazer this morning before going out to work. I got the XS, i'm normally a 36s, this feels slightly larger than I would like, though it could be that I am not used to such thin unlined blazers. The arms will need taking up, the chest fits OK, the shoulders may be a little on the large side. I would prefer the arms to be a bit skinnier. Other than this the colour and overall look of it is good. Doesn't seem bad for 50. Will try and post pics tomorrow.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing a few of those pics. On the face of it, it's close to what I'm looking for. I'm a 38s and I often find I'm in the middle of small-medium sizes, which is annoying when choosing which one to choose when buying online.

+ Reply to Thread