FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
    Nat

Style Icon

Sizing of American Apparel T-shirts

Gents. I know the t-shirts from AA are recommended by many on here. I wanted to pick up a few of their jersey ones, but was hoping for some advice on sizing. I want something nice and slim-fitting, without being skin-tight. I have quite big shoulders, but a small waist, so find that medium stuff is too tight on my shoulders, whereas large stuff can be too billowy. Slim-fitting large normally fits me nicely.

Any advice? Cheers.

Whereas I usually take medium t-shirts, in AA's 6401 slim fitting range I go up to a large. Medium makes me look like I'm smuggling raisins.

Nat

Style Icon
    Ok, that's useful, cheers. Are you generally happy with the garment though? The 6401 range is described as "sheer". Are they really thin?

Also, a lot of the reviews say how long they are in the body. I'm 6ft, so would a large be ok in length do you reckon?

I've found the AA t-shirts to be really long. Too long for my liking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Ok, that's useful, cheers. Are you generally happy with the garment though? The 6401 range is described as "sheer". Are they really thin?

Also, a lot of the reviews say how long they are in the body. I'm 6ft, so would a large be ok in length do you reckon?
    I've got a couple of unadventurous black t shirts and while they don't seem to be too thin, I'd say they're more suited to summer wear. As for length, it hits just below the top button on my jeans (I'm 6'4" tall).

Trend Setter
    I'd second the AA t-shirts being too long comment above, I've given up on them because they just don't seem to do a t-shirt that's a shorter fit. It's not like I'm a short-arse either, am around about 6' but on me they were almost covering the pockets on my trousers they were that long. In my opinion, a t-shirt should sit just above the bum and about an inch or two below the pelvis. In my personal experience, Gap t-shirts are an excellent fit; my only complaint is the lack of colours, which is why I wanted to give AA's t-shirts a go in the first place. Buy them to see how you find the fit, but I personally found them to be too long.

Nat

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by merc05 View Post
    In my personal experience, Gap t-shirts are an excellent fit; my only complaint is the lack of colours, which is why I wanted to give AA's t-shirts a go in the first place. Buy them to see how you find the fit, but I personally found them to be too long.
    Funnily enough I got a GAP tshirt yesterday. One of their fitted crews. The large fits like an absolute dream. And seems like great quality for 9. I second the comment about limited colours though

+ Reply to Thread