FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Suit for Endomorph/Rugby type build?

I'm looking for a new suit but often struggle with 'off the peg' stuff as I have big shoulders and thighs but am only 5'10. I still like a fairly 'slim' fit and I'm not fat so can usually get away with this fit! Are any of you guys like this? If so where do you tend to shop for suits? I'm thinking of spending around 300 (give or take) and probably thinking I need to go to a tailor too. M&S was going to be the first place I was going to try as I like some of the styles and they have an in-house tailoring service..

Any other suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers

FashionBeans Staff
    Your best bet will be to search around for the suit that fits as well as possible across the shoulders and chest and then take it to a tailors to have the waist taken in. For 300 M&S will be a good choice, avoid the likes of Burton, Topman and even Zara. You'll be surprised how much a good tailor can do to a suit to make it fit you better.

Thanks Will. Is it worth pushing the budget a little? I quite like some of the Ted Baker stuff and from memory the fit wasn't too bad. Any other places I should try? Think the likes of Reiss may work out too expensive...

FashionBeans Staff
    If you've got a broad chest/big shoulders and small waist Reiss will probably be too slim fitting (I work there and its always the same situation) The suits tend to be too tight under the arms, in the sleeve and across the chest and then if you keep going up sizes it makes the waist huge, I guess you could try them, you never know what you'll find. It might be worth pushing your budget up a bit, you'll get a nicer suit (generally). Sadly there aren't many places that sell suits in the 300 - 450ish band.

Trend Setter
    Try Strellson Slim Fit, I found I was able to size up without too much hassle, just needed the waist brought in. My issue is always the chest and shoulders too. Reiss I would avoid, same with topman and Zara. Reiss have lovely suits but can be tricky with sizing.

Ted Baker I found ok actually, I don't particularly like the quality of their suits for the price though.

To be honest I have had suits tailored at the body and legs slimmed with no issue.

+ Reply to Thread