FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Length of denim jackets

How long should a denim jacket be?
    I mean is it suppose to be shorter than your t shirt?
    It looks weird to me that my t shirt is always sticking out of my jacket or did i just bought one that is too short?

Style Icon
    In my opinion, a denim jacket should end somewhere in the "belt region" of your trousers. If it's too short, it tends to look like a long bolero, which you really shouldn't wear unless you're a woman or a bullfighter (and if you're a bullfighter, you should quit doing that, because it's a beastly tradition).

If you want to wear it with an untucked, long t-shirt, I don't see a problem with it.

This is OK, but not shorter:

This is OK, but not longer:

The Right Length depends a little bit on the model, of course.

Anyway, my €0.02 (or whatever it's worth, now that the Euro seems to be in free fall ).

Both denim jackets and biker jackets are jackets always a bit shorter - that's just the style.

Vintage and vintage inspired ones are basically cropped. More modern ones are slimmer and longer, but still finish on the waist / hips as stated above.

It can take a little getting used to at first.

Personally, I prefer jackets a bit shorter than my t-shirt. It makes my look sporty and casual. I don't like, if it reaches below my belt line - I have the impression, that is too big and hangs loose on me.

Thanks for the quick help.

I think mine is similar to the first picture, maybe a tiny bit shorter, right at the top edge of the belt but all is well again haha gonna start wearing it again now that i know its normal to have it shorter than your t shirts haha

+ Reply to Thread