FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Layering

Hi there,

I am looking for products, possibly knitwear, that would sit nicely between a casual Barbour-esque jacket and an oxford shirt. I lack knowledge all together when it comes to layering and tend to opt for the straight shirt/jacket combination.

What would you guys tend to go for when it comes to adding a little something between your shirt and jacket to give your look a little 'something extra'. I feel my look can come across a little plain at times.

As i am a student, my budget is very low, and it would be great if you could suggest cheaper options.

Thank you in advance! Jack.

Any kind of cardigan or jumper?

I like chunky, shawl collar cardigans, but really anything would work with that!

Thank you for your response. It's good to know I don't have many limitations!

FashionBeans Staff
    pretty much any nice jumper you can find in H&M, Topman, GAP etc

If i opted for a jumper apposed to a cardigan, is it better to try and find jumpers with a slightly larger neck exposing the collar of the shirt. The jumpers I own currently are thick and have a small neck. When I have tried them on over a shirt you can only see the top of the collar; I thought it looked a little odd (I may be wrong!).

FashionBeans Staff
    No, you can wear whatever sized collar you like, I actually prefer my shirt collars to stay inside my jumper rather than flap over it.

I too prefer a little peek of shirt collar out of the jumper. Just a subtle touch.

+ Reply to Thread