FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Want to Change my Look

Hey guys, new to FB!

Basically, I'm a jeans, t-shirt and Converse guy and want to change this. I'm struggling for inspiration, however, so thought some of you might be able to help me out. I want to have a bit more style about myself!

A few things you should know:

I don't like boots
    Bright trousers aren't my thing
    I'm quite tall and thin

Thanks!

I'd say try some slim or skinny jeans, get a decent button down...throw on a cardigan. See how you like it...switch it up...see what works for you

Fashionisto
    I agree with Seph. I have just kind of gone through a "reinvention" process myself. I quickly found out how much of a difference a simple pair of jeans makes. One clean cut pair of slim jeans works wonders on an outfit.

These are the first three steps I took:

1) Purchased a pair of dark slim indigo jeans.
    2) Purchased a blue knit shawl cardigan.
    3) Purchased some simple white trainers.

Obviously, there is more to reinventing a wardrobe than that, but I'd say it's a good start.

Maybe try swapping the t-shirts with some solid colored henleys and polos or try on some button down shirts? Rotate the Chuck Taylors with some desert boots? Pay extra attention to fit with collared shirts, so you don't end up wasting money

J8x

Trend Setter
    Best advice I can give is to look through various lookbooks and street style albums and find looks that you like that you think you could replicate and suit you. Buying individual items could work but if you would like a new aesthetic then you need to figure out what things you need to buy by narrowing down your look.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by J8x View Post
    Best advice I can give is to look through various lookbooks and street style albums and find looks that you like that you think you could replicate and suit you. Buying individual items could work but if you would like a new aesthetic then you need to figure out what things you need to buy by narrowing down your look.
    That's what I was going to say, pretty much word for word.

Cheers guys!

+ Reply to Thread