FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Paul Smith White Trainers - Yes/No?

Hi everyone, first thread. I'm 22 and recently I've been trying to update my wardrobe post-university and FashionBeans has been a great help! Anyways... I was bought these trainers as a present off of eBay recently. I've generally read that white trainers should be 'minimalist' or 'simplistic' and these definitely are not.

Then again I've read you can make a 'statement' with your footwear with brighter colours etc. I think these look quite cool by themselves but I'm not sure what exactly I'd wear them with or whether they'd be considered stylish at all.

I do like them but I kinda want to be able to wear them with confidence, if I should at all. Do you like them? What might you wear with them? Am I disappointing my brother and putting them back on eBay? lol

Last edited by topcat; 15-04-2013 at 11:30 PM.

[Bump] Just looked back at this thread to see it had gone all HTML messed up. So here's an edit. Hopefully it's fixed.

Fashionisto
    They are definitely interesting. They aren't hideous. They definitely are a statement piece. I think if you feel comfortable in them, try to rock it. I'd probably wear them with some slim indigo jeans and a t-shirt during the summer. You couldn't dress them up too much. A vest or tie would be too much in my opinion. Let us know what you end up doing!

They're ok, but not very versatile. I personally wouldn't wear them.

You'd be better off with something plain white like Vans or Converse, or some smarter leather ones.

I definitely agree they're not very versatile. I think I'd only wear them in a casual, chilled-out setting. Perhaps with some slim-fitting navy jeans/chinos and a plain block-colour t-shirt.

The other clothes you chose to wear with them would definitely have to be understated, I think.

+ Reply to Thread