FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Fashionisto

onesies

Hey

Any thoughts about onesies?
    How are they in terms of comfort and style? as loungewear /sleepwear of course.

Style Icon
    I don't own one, and would probably die rather than put one on, but I imagine the comfort would be pretty close to 100% in one of those, if you can stand the complete lack of style. The problem, for me, is that the style would be firmly in the negative. I would simply not be able to feel comfortable knowing I look like a complete and utter...I don't know what.

My loss? Maybe, but I'd rather have that loss than a complete loss of style and standards.

Fashionisto
    But why do you say it lacks style at the first place?
    There are some cool stuff out there and it's unique enough to be considered a statement.

For me, I just find the classic pajama too sleep-related, and the robe is a great lounge piece but you can't sleep with it.

Style Icon
    Quote Originally Posted by tristan View Post
    But why do you say it lacks style at the first place?
    First of all, it's just my opinion, and I totally respect the fact that not all agree. And, bottom line, what you lounge around in at home is no ones business.

Why it lacks style? I think it's ugly. Just like I think it's impossible to look stylish in an overall. Be it for skiing or for motorcycle riding. I'm sadly not gifted with the words to express exactly why I think it's ugly. That said, were I to go skiing, I'd probably wear an overall, and I'd def wear an overall if I went motorcycle riding.

When I'm at home I don't care about style, I care about comfort. That said, I don't think a onesie could ever be stylish.

But who cares? That's not why they exist.

THM

Fashionisto
    They're weird sort of over-sized, baby-grow costumes. I'd never wear one personally.

Personally I think they are horrible but my friends own a couple and they say they're really snug and comfortable, i'd rather wear dressing gown myself but what you wear when you're lounging about in you're house is really up to you, just don't wear one on a night out you look like a complete idiot

I think the Onepiece ones are cool, but they are so expensive

+ Reply to Thread