FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Drop Crotch

Now before you rant on about how drop-crotch trousers aren't "timeless" I am not referring to the ones where the crotch is liwer than your knees. In this context I mean a slightly lower rise than the norm. Would a slight drop-crotch be an on trend investmen, for casual wear I.E. A simple tee or shirt and Adidas Gazelles?

A few of my friends went through the 'carrot-top' phase not long ago.

I wouldn't wear them at all, personally.

Style Icon
    What you buy doesn't have to be timeless. My general "rule" for how far I'll go trendwise is to avoid future fancy dress party attire.

What I mean is, I'll avoid anything that someone in 20-30 years from now will pick up at the second-hand shop, to illustrate the bad taste of this decade - like you'd do when going to an 70s, 80s, 90s themed party. This means avoiding for example onesies and drop-crotch trousers.

I have seen some drop crotch trousers that look all right when standing still, but most of them look awkward and restricting when you walk.

But, most importantly, do what you feel like! It's just sad if you let me - an anonymous forum pundit - restrict you. Just remember that you some time in the future probably will slap your forehead and go "What the hell was I thinking?!"

I think a slight drop crotch / carrot fit chino is an acceptable choice, as long as it's not extreme and they are nice and minimal eg no massive extra pockets, logos etc

Trend Setter
    I've seen some slight drop-crotch chinos at AllSaints - can't remeber which though.

+ Reply to Thread