FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Wedding suit bought... shirt? tie?shoes?

Hi everyone

First post here and I'm hoping you can offer some helpful tips, I have recently bought my wedding suit which myself and my best man will be wearing, the rest of the wedding party will be in brown suits of their own choice. I am now ready to purchase a shirt, tie, shoes and accessories but am unsure as to colour, style etc. The colours during the day will be mostly pastel greens, cream, ivory with a very vintage/rustic feel to the day.
    I have attached a couple of images to give you a better feel for the suit and a couple of accessories I have already purchased.

Cheers in advance

Mike

http://payload.cargocollective.com/1...hoto%201_o.JPG
    http://payload.cargocollective.com/1...hoto%203_o.JPG

What is your bride wearing?

Trend Setter
    For the shirt, an off-white (cream or ecru) might work well with the suit colour. Alternatively, very pale blue might work. But a lot will depend on your colouring too and what compliments that.

As a married man, let me warn you that the bride may well have a colour chosen for the reception and/or flowers. Tradition dictates that you cooridinate with or include that colour somewhere or your outfit. In my case I just went with match ties for all the male members of the wedding party.

Just make sure you ask your fiance before commiting to anything....

Please go for a cream shirt, pastel green tie / square and tan brogues - it's a natural pairing, think of mint choc chip / chocolate limes

Oh, and FYI, sharing a suit with your best man may be a bit of a squeeze. Have you considered buying one each?

Incredibly hilarious joking aside, how about this tie and pocket square combo which will complement the colours of the suit and each other creatively, and check a trend-box of pattern mixing

(both from Reiss, I put the pic of the suit as it is useful to get a visual)

Having looked at the suit again, I think solid colours might be a safer option but I like those ones still
    Last edited by Ivan Condor Aasllani; 26-04-2013 at 10:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread