FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First 1 2 3 4 Last

Fashionisto
    Personally I love mixing up looks day to day. One day I'll be in brogues, tweed trousers, shirt and flat cap, the next I'll throw on a pair of super skinny jeans, a t-shirt with a garish print and a leather jacket.

I'd get bored dressing the same every day but I know some people prefer getting a style down and sticking with it, sort of a signature style.

Quote Originally Posted by Aharps View Post
    Personally I love mixing up looks day to day. One day I'll be in brogues, tweed trousers, shirt and flat cap, the next I'll throw on a pair of super skinny jeans, a t-shirt with a garish print and a leather jacket.

I'd get bored dressing the same every day but I know some people prefer getting a style down and sticking with it, sort of a signature style.
    This sounds pretty good! I'd ideally want to go with a smart/casual look as standard but also be able to wear t-shirts and jeans occasionally and dress up really smart for special occassions/nights out etc.

I've just found this image while searching with looks I quite like.Not too sure about the check or the polo but I like the two with ties.

Especially the outfit with the white shirt. Is sort of jacket is that? I'd quite like to try this one out but I'm nowhere near brave enough for pink chinos! Any other options that could finish the outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Aharps View Post

I'm the same - I have a different style every day pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by nostromo View Post
    I've just found this image while searching with looks I quite like.Not too sure about the check or the polo but I like the two with ties.

Especially the outfit with the white shirt. Is sort of jacket is that? I'd quite like to try this one out but I'm nowhere near brave enough for pink chinos! Any other options that could finish the outfit?
    Hard to see the jacket, could just be a navy blazer?

Pink chinos are probably a bit wild for real life, you could try some muted orange ones for easier flair

Those are from All Saints, they would go with pretty much anything and give your style an instant boost

Quote Originally Posted by Pin Money View Post

Hard to see the jacket, could just be a navy blazer?
    Yeah I wasn't sure if it was a blazer, anorak, hoodie or a leather jacket - what would you think of using a leather jacket for this outfit?

Pink chinos are probably a bit wild for real life, you could try some muted orange ones for easier flair

Those are from All Saints, they would go with pretty much anything and give your style an instant boost
    I just got a pair exactly like these from ASOS last week

A leather jacket would work bro - a bit more casual which would suit you by the sounds of it

A leather jacket would work bro - a bit more casual which would suit you by the sounds of it
    Great! Sorry to be a pain in the ass and keep asking more questions, but could anyone recommend a good style of leather jacket? Something that wouldn't break the bank would be good

Fashionisto
    Im a fan of biker jackets (prominent zips) and the cafe racer style jackets as they are usually quite fitted, a leather biker jacket with smart trousers shoes shirt and tie can give a good contrast and play down an otherwise smart outfit.

Zara normally do reasonably priced leather jackets but I haven't looked recently. I got one for about 110 a couple of years back and its really soft leather. For a leather jacket I think thats about the level you are looking to pay, for example the leathers in All Saints are about 400 (though they are superb examples....

Can't vouch for the quality of asos's leather but they have a range of styles on there for about 80. They look good from the photos. Remember though, a leather jacket is a true investment piece and worth paying a bit more for.

Quote Originally Posted by nostromo View Post
    Great! Sorry to be a pain in the ass and keep asking more questions, but could anyone recommend a good style of leather jacket? Something that wouldn't break the bank would be good
    I actually got a brown suede jacket by The Kooples (great brand) in TK Maxx earlier for 130 down from 500. So worth looking in there.

I might try and get some photos of some outfit combinations up after the weekend to see what you guys think?

+ Reply to Thread