FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4

Style Icon
    Hey, man! You're making good progress. Some quick comments.

From top to bottom.

Look #1: Suit looks a little big, but that might be because it's unbuttoned. Trousers are a tad too long - easy fix for a tailor, or a handy gentleman. I like it that you've pulled the tie all the way up, don't be afraid to do that more often.

Look #3: This one you've nailed in my opinion. I like it! Arms on the mac look a little long, but nothing to worry about too much. Trouser fit looks perfect. Well done!

Look #5/#6: Works really well with the blazer, a little boring without it. Really nice blazer, btw!

Look #7: Looks good. Good fit on the shirt there.

Look #8: Love the shoe + trouser combination. Not sure about the shirt here though. Try the shirt from #7 with that instead. If you change to black shoes instead, I think it'll work better with the shirt.

Well done, mate! What an improvement!

Nat

Style Icon
    Generally agree with Marc, good stuff.

Couple of general comments though:
    - The dark colours on the top half in the later pictures seem to flatter you more than the white shirt.
    - Your smart shoes could probably do with updating. Are they loafers? If you want to stick with loafers, maybe try some pennies. Otherwise, consider a derby or brogue.

Other than that, it's a good improvement. Keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Generally agree with Marc, good stuff.

Couple of general comments though:
    - The dark colours on the top half in the later pictures seem to flatter you more than the white shirt.
    - Your smart shoes could probably do with updating. Are they loafers? If you want to stick with loafers, maybe try some pennies. Otherwise, consider a derby or brogue.

Other than that, it's a good improvement. Keep going!
    Do you mean the black shoes in the first pictures? They're a pair of really cheap slip-ons I got in primark a couple of years ago for a wedding. I've been mostly a trainers sort of guy so I'm really lacking in ideas for shoes. The brown shoes are the boots from the earlier pics (A few pics back) I'm not sure I like them at all really but thought the colour and style still kinda worked.

Footwear is my achilles heel (Ugh - that even hurt to type!)

Nat

Style Icon
    Yes, I did mean the black shoes. I think you should get a small range of solid, versatile footwear, that will cover you for 90% of situations e.g.

Black derbies or oxfords
    Brown derbies or brogues
    Desert boots
    Brown leather boots
    Plain white trainers/plimsols, for those more casual days.

Once you have the basics sorted, you can start fretting about exactly what shade of blue you should get those suede loafers in!

+ Reply to Thread
First ... 2 3 4