FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Indie/Mod

Am I missing something here? What's up with all the negative reviews about Indie fashion. I read an excellent article of the style recently and I think it's very similar to tge Mid style. It's not as sophisticated I know but I fail to see how it achieved the drug dealer connotation. I think I see a drug dealer when I see a guy in a Hollister tee, skinny jeans, quilted jacket/hoodie, Nike Blazers with a Joey Essex haircut. Seriously am I missing something?!?

Fashionisto
    Well the mod look essentially boils down to well fitted Italian suits and smart footwear so thats bang in line with a lot of the articles and such on here. It can get a little pastiche though so its best not to take things too far, its not ACTUALLY 1965!

What bad reviews are you referring to?

Trend Setter
    I wish it was1965! I love Mod looks - yesterday I went out in brogues, slim jeans, polo and blazer (closest I can get to a suit anyways).
    Well a lot of my friends say Indie is associated with drug dealers. How I'm not too sure - and I've seen similar reviews on these forums.

Trend Setter
    I recommend MOD: A Very British Style by Richard Weight. good book that covers history and development of Mod from early days of the 50s, through the peak in the 60s and then different manifestations up to present.

Trend Setter
    Sounds like a good read. I'll see if I can pick it up. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread