FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Need help revamping my wardrobe

Hey I am new to this site and this is my first post but I really needed some advice/tips in revamping my wardrobe. I am 23 and I'm just graduating from college. I already have really good fashion but I feel like since I am graduating I need to have a more mature but still stylish look because right now you can tell I'm in college just by how I dress. I just need some advice on some what key items I need to start revamping my wardrobe. I also really need advice on shoes. Right now all my shoes are athletic shoes or if I'm dressing up I wear a nice pair of sneakers like diesel, Hugo boss etc.. I do have dress shoes but I only wear them when I need to wear a suit. I have an athletic frame so I can't wear skinny jeans, I wear them as fitted as I can but its a relaxed fit and I am having a really hard time finding something other than sneakers that look good because most boots or casual dress shoes really only look good with fitted jeans. Any advice would be really appreciated!

Trend Setter
    Look through the articles on here for the 'streamlined' wardrobe. Couple of articles that tell you the basics of what you need. As for the skinny jeans, why wouldn't you wear skinny jeans? I'm 94kg slim athletic and wear stretch skinny for casual, look great. Just match with them with comfortable fitting tees, skinny jeans and tight top especially when well built is a bad combo and looks tacky and attention seeking. Let the guys who don't gym cover up their body, if you're in good shape use it to your advantage

Okay thanks I'll check those articles out!! I don't wear skinny jeans because I physically can't lol my thighs and butt are too big. I have a size 31 waist but have to wear 36 straight leg just for them to fit, I can hardly button up 34's! They aren't baggy at all they are still fitted but the bottom of the jean where it meets the shoe is bigger so it looks weird with a lot of cool boots I want to wear that I see people with skinny jeans wearing.

Fashionisto
    My brother has this problem. You've got little choice other than to take your trousers to the tailor if you want them to fit right. Slimming the bottom of the legs is an easy alteration, shouldn't be too costly, but ask if anything else needs doing at the same time. If you're buying 36" trousers and you have a 31" waist, chances are the fit is out at other points too.

+ Reply to Thread