FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Casual boot

These are the boots I currently own:

Madison - 00015 - Stacy Adams Shoes - The Official Website

I want more kind of a casual boot, as these have leather soles and they feel a bit too expensive to be wearing all the time. Added to the fact I got them imported. However the one thing that is making me want to wear them is the fact the leather is a bit crinkled and worn in around the toe area and laces, so takes away that formal look a bit.

I plan to wear them with plain t shirts and black slim jeans.

Any suggestions for alternative boots I could get? This^ look is stolen from Ryan Gosling, just the casual boots jeans and t shirt look so if you want search images of his wear, it's very similar to that what I'm going for.

Trend Setter
    Try some Suede Desert Boots, they seem to fit what you're looking for.

Nat

Style Icon
    I've only recently got into desert boots (having seen them advocated on here many times), and they have quickly become my go-to casual boot. I have a honey-coloured pair, but will invest in other colours soon I think. They're stylish and comfortable, and great for a summer outfit.

The only thing is, if you're after a very rugged look, they may not be the best. In that case, maybe stick to a leather military-style pair.

Trend Setter
    Engineer/Military boots are a good shout. Btw I love your current boots. Lush.

Trend Setter
    I think I may put this purchase on hold to be honest, as I'm going to be ambitious and assume there's fair weather coming. So I'm after good shoe/trainer that I can wear to work, it's smart casual i.e. shirts, chinos, smart trainers/shoes. I'm thinking suede boat or deck shoes maybe, something that I can crack on with shorts at the weekends too.

Alex thanks for the comments about the boots. They're the comfiest pair I've ever bought I can wear them for hours with no trouble and they look good

+ Reply to Thread