FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Trend Setter

Work/formal wear

I'm currently an intern in a Dublin Based company. I need some simple advice

I would credit myself with a decent style outside the office, and good intentions within them office but tbh my work wardrobe isn't cutting it. My main predicaments are finding good quality work wear that fits well. I'm 6'2, have quite an athletic build, broad shoulders ,wide back and thin waist. However this is a major pain in the arse when buying clothes as I usally need xl shirts which then tend to be baggy around waist or my legs are too big for the trousers of my waist size.

I really need some decent chinos/jeans/shirts. I bought some from zara but not impressed at all with the quality

Opinions?

Trend Setter
    bumping this, could people at least tell me where to get good quality work shirts?

Nat

Style Icon
    I've got the same issue - you just need to wear slim-fit shirts.

From where depends on your exact need and your budget. I tend to wear M&S slim fit shirts for work. TM Lewin often have 4 or 5 shirts for a 100, and they come in a range of fits.

The other option is to take your clothes to a good tailor. A few alterations will make all the difference.

Trend Setter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    I've got the same issue - you just need to wear slim-fit shirts.

From where depends on your exact need and your budget. I tend to wear M&S slim fit shirts for work. TM Lewin often have 4 or 5 shirts for a 100, and they come in a range of fits.

The other option is to take your clothes to a good tailor. A few alterations will make all the difference.
    Thanks man, I have heard good things about TM Lewin and that seems very reasonable. I haven't heard much about the M&S shirts ,how are they? . Yup I made a few inquiries today about tailors but I dont' know if its worth getting a zara shirt tailored. Where do you buy work trousers?

Fashionisto
    I recently purchased 5 shirts for 100 from TM Lewin. Their slim fit shirts are really good quality and have a good mixture of plain, checked and striped shirts.
    Last edited by James Mortimer; 16-05-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: missed words

Hugo Boss & Tiger of Sweden make excellent formal shirts (dependant on budget). I think the best way to get the perfect fit (especially with formal wear) is to take a trip to your local tailor. I know places like Selfridges give you a discount to cover the cost of alterations if the item doesn't fit.

I also found that River Island have excellent quality suit pants for a very good price.

Every item of formal wear I buy visits the tailor, and the results are definitely worth it.

forgot to mention... for shirts on more of a budget, 'Hawes and Curtis' have very good quality shirts and have good multi buy deals.

Hope this helps!

H&M have good sizes for tall and slim man.

+ Reply to Thread