FashionBeans: Men's Fashion & Men's Style Guide
+ Reply to Thread

Tweed in the summer months?

I'm off to the races this weekend and I'm really struggling to decide whether to go with the tweed blazer, contrasting trouser look or navy blazer, chino route. The only think that's putting me off with tweed is the weather. It's starting to get warmer and worried it might be the wrong season for it. Any help?

Nat

Style Icon
    Check the weather bro! this time of year it can be anything from 10 degrees (fine for tweeds) and 20 degrees (definitely not fine for tweeds!). If it's even remotely sunny though, the tweeds might look out of place. I would opt for the navy blazer and chino route tbh.

Style Icon
    I agree with Nat, check the forecast. If the temperature climbs over 20, tweed can be uncomfortable, depending on its construction.

But I don't agree that tweed must look out of place when it's sunny. Especially herringbone and hounds tooth tweed can make excellent summer garments, in my opinion. Unless of course the temperature rises to where seersucker or linen makes more sense.

Trend Setter
    What is this "summer" which you speak of?

I'm actually finding it pretty difficult to work out what to wear from one day to the next at the moment. It snowed briefly yesterday and I wished I had worn a winter scarf! A heavy tweed would be fine at the moment, but as above posters say, if it changes again then something lighter would be more appropriate.

+ Reply to Thread